I think my new roommate is a provider!

billyS

Reign of Terror
Perhaps I'm taking this a little seriously (not the first time!) but am I alone in thinking that it's a very bad idea to ask your roommate for sex or to even hint at it?
He said she is only there for a few weeks.

Mr. Robinson, so what is your living arrangement? Do you live in a boarding house?
When I hear roommate it makes me think of college and someone in the same room. What are you sharing with her? Kitchen? Bathroom? How is she your roommate?

Perhaps I'm taking this a little seriously (not the first time!) but am I alone in thinking that it's a very bad idea to ask your roommate for sex or to even hint at it?
It's a bad idea and it might just work. The market is down and he is a known quantity. AFAIK one of the most stressful parts of being a working girl is dealing with new clients who might be whack jobs. By that metric working for a roomate is probably very appealing.

It's a bad idea and it might just work. The market is down and he is a known quantity. AFAIK one of the most stressful parts of being a working girl is dealing with new clients who might be whack jobs. By that metric working for a roomate is probably very appealing.
I thought that at least some of the more experienced mongers understood female psychology just a little bit better. Women have an innate or at least more developed sense of boundaries and social etiquette. In this case, I don't doubt for a second that the girl is giving sensual massages. And I also think that she would be "weirded out" by any hint at extra benefits from our friend here.

I agree. If she is half way decent looking, there are no boundries. Plus, she is just there short term.
I'm not saying that I think it is immoral or wrong. The situation doesn't even rise to that level. I really mean that it is uncool and the girl is going to let you know that in an instant.
So what's the point of acting like a dope? And to the other point I think mongering teaches you all about boundaries. It's one reason I prefer it in most cases. I know exactly what I'm supposed to do and what I shouldn't - like ask too many questions, for one!

If he doesn't know the girl from Adam and she's just a roommate (not in his social or personal circle) then there's nothing to lose. I've had liaisons with roommates before that were casual and on the down low without any problems with other roommates, girlfriends etc...I wouldn't let on that I'm a monger...but rather bring up the subject casually over a bottle or wine or cooking dinner one night.....breach the subject of what she does if a guy hit on her when she's "working" then ask her if she's ever crossed that line....She claims to be a masseuse so it's par for the course that someone's going to grab her ass or rub her leg during a session...I hit on my cute asian acupuncturist all the time and she's a friend of mine...I'm hoping one day she takes me up in it and hops on the table...a guy can dream can't he.....

I hit on my cute asian acupuncturist all the time and she's a friend of mine...I'm hoping one day she takes me up in it and hops on the table...a guy can dream can't he.....
You don't live with your acupuncturist however. Big difference. Hey if the guy gets an "in-house" handjob or whatever he's looking for, more power to him. As I said, not the biggest moral quandary. Still, as the wise man said, "Don't shit where you eat." Words to live by.

Joe, I know you did not say that...My statement was kind of toungue and cheek... Everyone would handle this situation different. I think that because she is only to live there for a month or 2, makes it different. I know, myself, I would have to try. It would be more like a challenge. I would have to think of a way to open up the subject.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that I think it is immoral or wrong. The situation doesn't even rise to that level. I really mean that it is uncool and the girl is going to let you know that in an instant.
So what's the point of acting like a dope? And to the other point I think mongering teaches you all about boundaries. It's one reason I prefer it in most cases. I know exactly what I'm supposed to do and what I shouldn't - like ask too many questions, for one!
Just to keep agreeing with Joe.

I mean, this isn't like "hitting up on your temporary roommate." It's not like she's some nymphomaniac. She's a professional, with a job. She's not going out in nice outfits and jerking strange guys off (or whatever she's doing) because she likes jerking strange guys off (or whatever she's doing). I'd get pissed off if my roommate insisted on getting legal advice me from me. When I come home from work, I like to be home from work.

And it's just insulting to think that just because a woman is a sex worker, she's easy to fuck off the books (if that's what the OP is thinking of).

Last edited:
Some thoughts:

One morning, tell her of a cool place you went to last night - you went for a massage and had a TERRIFIC time.

or, tear a page from the Village Voice with all of the AMP ads and leave it out.

or, just ask what type of massage she give. Maybe she'll fess up.

Maybe she's waiting for you to make the first move. Good luck!

Just wait til the day before she is supposed to leave, ask for a massage and see what happens. Justlooking- Some people just, are, their jobs and want to do them all the time. Professional Passion can't be underestimated.

I agree with a recent post: for somebody in her position, home-time is rest-time. The last thing you'd want is for work to follow you home, especially if it FEELS like work. You know, that impersonal connection (despite any semi-faux appearance of affection) that is required in order to preserve your sanity while being a sex worker.

That said, if you truly develop a friendship with her, what's wrong with asking if she'd give you a massage? I wouldn't just go grabbing her leg or ass though, as that's, well, rude and would likely make her very uncomfortable. If you're attracted to her, I would try to develop an intimate relationship rather than a business relationship... well, who the fuck knows. I'm really curious to see how this ends up working for you, so keep us updated amigo.