I diagnosed with the herps today

You saw 4 doctors and you think you overreacted? A guy I know was having a stress test, his doc stopped the test and said he needed heart bypass as artery was too far gone for a stent. Like "you need to get it now as in today and I'll make a call to St. Francis hospital to make arrangements" the doc said.

Called me up and was wondering me if he should get a 2nd opinion. I said "sounds to me No" and he didn't and got the bypass that night.

Since you got a 2nd, then a 3rd, then a 4th for a boo-boo on your lip I imagine you would need a dozen or so opinions - just to make sure.

indulging a bit you say! LOL!
May I suggest that you find some other hobby — I really do not think you are cut out for mongering.
My mother had a saying “When he’s as old as you he’ll be as wise as you”. Undoubtedly, that day is many, many years off.

Seems like this post bothered some older catz for one reason or another... my bad didnt know this wasnt a place where i can post stuff like this.. i definitely jump the gun with self diagnoses and made a bit of fool of myself (better that then being right about it being cold sores) but to not bother the grumpy old men inbetween hand jobs, I'll refrain from talking about boo boos on my lips until after test results

Seems like this post bothered some older catz for one reason or another... my bad didnt know this wasnt a place where i can post stuff like this.. i definitely jump the gun with self diagnoses and made a bit of fool of myself (better that then being right about it being cold sores) but to not bother the grumpy old men inbetween hand jobs, I'll refrain from talking about boo boos on my lips until after test results
Lol if it was my post that spurred that response, rest assured it wasn’t directed at you, or any shortcomings on your part (well, perhaps other than what you’ve already learned, and that’s that the herpes virus that causes cold sores is pretty harmless, it’s scary name notwithstanding).

Kid, there isn’t without any question (imho) that you have it. Almost everyone on this board has it. And if they deny it, they’re probably lying.

If you’re DAtY, and DFK. Licked ass of lfk. You’re getting it. With the thousands of nuts these chicks sucked a swallowed, you’re getting it.. it’s not the end. Over 90% of the population has it.

So welcome to the club....

You guys are right.. it was just my ignorance and total lack of knowledge on the subject that made me post this.. tho my tests were negative i side with steveoo that everyone already has it or some form.. hell i read that mono and chicken pox are a form of the virus and i had those growing up.. if i learned anything from this experience is that if you learn about herpes only bc you think you have herpes.. someone failed on educating the youth ..

My two cents is that it's always worth being cautious ignorant or not. Better safe than sorry. It's good to step back from time to time and get a perspective. Ain't nothing wrong with that. But similarly, also might be a good time to do some research, etc. consider preventive maintenance things, where you want to be, etc, instead of panicing after the fact.

You guys are right.. it was just my ignorance and total lack of knowledge on the subject that made me post this.. tho my tests were negative i side with steveoo that everyone already has it or some form.. hell i read that mono and chicken pox are a form of the virus and i had those growing up.. if i learned anything from this experience is that if you learn about herpes only bc you think you have herpes.. someone failed on educating the youth ..
Stop apologizing...No need to. People are just pissy and it makes them question things. You should do some homework though to avoid having your balls broken.
Happy hobbying!

I experienced something similar at 25 during a random encounter, I had never been exposed either so the shit storm that ensued was absolutely terrible. I had a fever for about 1.5 weeks, my gums turned red and we're literally peeling off of my teeth, and to top it off I had sores in my throat, on my gums, and 2 big ones on my lips. It was a rough 3 weeks to say the least, I didn't eat much.

Long story short, watch out for who you are kissing fellows, literally anyone can get you infected if you never caught it as a child.