I diagnosed with the herps today

Well where do i begin... im fairly new to this site amd the whole hobby.. fairly young.. early 20s... this week i got my first cold sore on top of my lower lip... that got nasty.. after 2 docs told me no in the beginning of the week, i went to a 3rd who comfirmed it.. any one of you guys experience this? She said it most likely stayed dormant in my body for years and that i got it as a kid and just showed symptoms, its common and just a skin condition. Still feel weird. Havent even thought of sex all week.. taking a hiatus from this life for awhile.. in my brief time here i saw alot of really wise dudes. So just wanted some perspective. Feeling shitty. Thanks for reading

Not much to worry about. There are multiple strains on herpes. Cold sores are the ones that show up occasionally on your lips. The ones that show up on your junk are the ones to worry about, although there is no cure, you have to be safe about it.

For example, use protection and avoid sexual contact when you notice sores.

Not much to worry about. There are multiple strains on herpes. Cold sores are the ones that show up occasionally on your lips. The ones that show up on your junk are the ones to worry about, although there is no cure, you have to be safe about it

For example, use protection and avoid sexual contact when you notice sores.

Yeaaah so i hear. Just still shocked i guess and nah just on my lip. I havent even touched down there unless I'm cleaning myself after dousing my hands in anti bacterial soap

pokler

Power Bottom
Well where do i begin... im fairly new to this site amd the whole hobby.. fairly young.. early 20s... this week i got my first cold sore on top of my lower lip... that got nasty.. after 2 docs told me no in the beginning of the week, i went to a 3rd who comfirmed it.. any one of you guys experience this? She said it most likely stayed dormant in my body for years and that i got it as a kid and just showed symptoms, its common and just a skin condition. Still feel weird. Havent even thought of sex all week.. taking a hiatus from this life for awhile.. in my brief time here i saw alot of really wise dudes. So just wanted some perspective. Feeling shitty. Thanks for reading[/quo

You and 100 million other people .

There are 2 kinds of Herpes:
Type 1 or Oral Herpes
Type 2 or Genital Herpes

93% of the American population has type 1 oral herpes. You probably got it from some aunt at a family funeral who knows how long ago. Treatment should be started as soon as you notice a breakout developing.
Famvir or Acyclovir 500mg every 8 hours for 7 days and or Zovirax ointment applied locally.

19-22% of American population has type 2 or genital herpes. Sexually transmitted. Avoid unprotected contact during outbreaks. Treatment same as type 1.

So it was... just a cut? Literally a sore from the cold? How did the 3rd doctor confirm it then? TELL US!!! lol

Well the cut started as a bad case of chap lips that just got really bad... the doctor who told me it was probably herpes, didnt have my test results yet..Just assumed which scared the shit out of me hence posting this.. out of the 4 doctors i saw she was the only who said that. I just overreacted off that. Still not sure wtf happened with the lip... but it's normal now

I got a crack on my lip about 2 weeks ago on a NICE DAY but had been out on the freezing day before it, so just assumed that combined perhaps with some minimal dehydration it just decided to crack. Two days later it was gone. WTF right?

I got a crack on my lip about 2 weeks ago on a NICE DAY but had been out on the freezing day before it, so just assumed that combined perhaps with some minimal dehydration it just decided to crack. Two days later it was gone. WTF right?

Yeaah man like i said I'm new to this hobby so i just thought the worse lol .. im thinking of celebrating the good news by indulging a bit this week

..Just assumed which scared the shit out of me hence posting this.. out of the 4 doctors i saw she was the only who said that. I just overreacted off that. .......
You saw 4 doctors and you think you overreacted? A guy I know was having a stress test, his doc stopped the test and said he needed heart bypass as artery was too far gone for a stent. Like "you need to get it now as in today and I'll make a call to St. Francis hospital to make arrangements" the doc said.

Called me up and was wondering me if he should get a 2nd opinion. I said "sounds to me No" and he didn't and got the bypass that night.

Since you got a 2nd, then a 3rd, then a 4th for a boo-boo on your lip I imagine you would need a dozen or so opinions - just to make sure.

....... im thinking of celebrating the good news by indulging a bit this week
indulging a bit you say! LOL!
May I suggest that you find some other hobby — I really do not think you are cut out for mongering.

You saw 4 doctors and you think you overreacted? A guy I know was having a stress test, his doc stopped the test and said he needed heart bypass as artery was too far gone for a stent. Like "you need to get it now as in today and I'll make a call to St. Francis hospital to make arrangements" the doc said.

Called me up and was wondering me if he should get a 2nd opinion. I said "sounds to me No" and he didn't and got the bypass that night.

Since you got a 2nd, then a 3rd, then a 4th for a boo-boo on your lip I imagine you would need a dozen or so opinions - just to make sure.

indulging a bit you say! LOL!
May I suggest that you find some other hobby — I really do not think you are cut out for mongering.
Oh shit genius! You are a funny mother fucker!

topically you can apply neem oil and tea tree oil or you can buy a chapstick at a health food store with those ingredients or you can buy neem tree oil and tea tree oil in a toothpaste tube and apply the toothpaste to the sore and leave it on all night and keep on applying it during the day until it disappears. during the day you can apply it and wipe it off so it is not visible but still the medication remains on. Internally "Immune Support" from Banyan Botanicals works great.That is taken internally in pill form. It is a combination of herbs that are very good to help destroy all sorts of infections. pure sulfur externally also work great. And there are loads more natural aids and many more aggressive not so natural remedies that might work even faster. Apparently if you ph level stays more alkaline and does not become over-acidic you can go many many years and never have an outbreak and when you do have an outbreak immediately apply neem and teatree oils or any other remedy specifically for the sore and if you catch it when it is just appearing and apply immediately it remains almost unnoticeable and shrinks and disappears without ever being a full-blown sore. Relax and don't fear this when you can handle it so easily. It is such a common occurrence that even doctors pass over it without much concern. peace brothers

sorry, guys, I was sleepy and did not read the whole thread. the issue became a "non-issue." But we will leave the "healing" information there for posterity. A "nice girl" was once very willing to provide a BBBJ with a big old sore on her mouth. I politely declined. Actually, I was horrified. I was in disbelief. Absolutely unconscionable. How many would she infect just because she didn't want to shut it down for a few days. In this arena with all of its pleasures, it still involves risk and basic rules of integrity and fair-play should be applied. peace, health, enjoy, brothers.

@genius...i accept any and all teases for freaking out over what is now nothing(I'm a good sport) but it's pretty pretentious of you to tell me i should look for another hobby or I'm not cut out for a hobby thats a couple thousand years old... but i did go overboard but hell i thought it was herpes... better to freak out and educate yourself then to just ignore it and infect others.. and for the record the 1st doc was a dentist i went to for a cleaning who i just asked.. so i only went to three