HUSH = The New Passions

Can't believe nobody wrote about this yet, but there's a new place with the same owners as Passion from 8th Ave. Called Hush. I ewas there a couple of weeks ago and it's pretty nice. Go downstairs to get in and there's a big room with a stage and two polls. A bunch of talbes in the midle and chairs along the wall. Seprate room for laps - I don't know how much to get into it. And theres a big party room you can rent out (don't know how much).

Not too many girls but I was there e4arly. I did see one of the twins, remember Chocolate and Deluxe? A couple of good looking sisters (nothin' but). They hadnt had their grand opening yet and I haven't been back but the place has real possibilities. On 11th near the hooker diner.

And before everybody gets all pissed at me for writing about something that they think ought to be a secret, Management told me it was OK to post about the place.

Hush is NOT an underground spot and neither was Passion Bar. I understand it has been closed the last week or two but may reopen this weekend.

Peace,
Valjean

Last edited:

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I'm not sure that Passions wasn't an underground spot. If a place doesn't have any "markings" (like a sign or even their name on a doorbell), they aren't exaclty "above ground". There are plenty of non-stripclubs (i.e. "straight clubs") which are "legal" in that they have liquor licenses, etc., but they are still "underground clubs".

At hush you get hands on laps and walldances. Now, this isnt exactly above ground -- the hands on stuff! But there are no extras. Great for people who appreciate high milage, low cost dances...

slinkybender said:
I'm not sure that Passions wasn't an underground spot. If a place doesn't have any "markings" (like a sign or even their name on a doorbell), they aren't exaclty "above ground". There are plenty of non-stripclubs (i.e. "straight clubs") which are "legal" in that they have liquor licenses, etc., but they are still "underground clubs".
Although there was no permanant signage, for most of their run on 8th Ave they had a sign on the street near the door that they put out whenever they were open. They also had valid liquor and cabaret licenses. There was a permanant stage with stripper poles installed. Since they were subject to inspections by the city, I'd hardly call them underground.

un4given said:
At hush you get hands on laps and walldances. Now, this isnt exactly above ground -- the hands on stuff! But there are no extras. Great for people who appreciate high milage, low cost dances...
No more than you can get in many Bronx, Brooklyn or Queens urban strip clubs that are also completely above ground.

Hush

Went on Friday.
It is right next to the Diner.
It is laughable how easy it is to find.
WEnt in. Nobody there but three guys. Place looked pretty nice aside from smelling like cats.
I asked a few questions.
They said, "they were private parties."
I let on that I heard about the hush parties.
They said, come back Thursday.
Can't imagine how those private parites that we are all looking forward to will be able to last for very long. It is jsut SO obvious and easy to get to. IMHO.
PREDICTION, the touchy feely parties will be gone before they start.
The end.

Wasn't that area notorious for TS walkers?
there was a club of some sorts there with the entrance right next to the diner a few yrs ago that seemed to have lots of scantily clad people hanging around the entrance.

slinkybender said:
Hush is in the former location of Edelweiss, which was a TS club.
About six months ago, I thought I saw on the news that the land under Edelweiss and the diner was sold and the diner was going to be trucked somewhere upstate. It was a big deal because it was the only diner in Manhattan with it's own parking lot.

aceofclubs26 said:
About six months ago, I thought I saw on the news that the land under Edelweiss and the diner was sold and the diner was going to be trucked somewhere upstate. It was a big deal because it was the only diner in Manhattan with it's own parking lot.
I think that might have been the Russell Diner on 10th Avenue around 50th, I remember seeing something about that. I don't know if they ever did it.