How to email MRI (DVD)

How is this done?

Please, step by step, this is vad, who STILL hasn't figured out how to post BP ad pics here, lol.

No, it's not copyright protected. (Not a movie or anything).

Pop disc in, click send to email and done? Probably that simple (or should be) but it isn't.

What info do you guys need to help me with this? (Kinda important!)

Please and thanks!

v

A few ways. The best way might be to zip the directory it is in. BUT, may mailers have size limits. You could also post it to an anonymous file service which many also have size limits. If there is a particular file on the DVD that you can send that might make it easier. More elaborate ways can involve making a virtual disk image of the DVD but again, that will require a space capacity that the mail mechanism may not accept.

On another thought, you can't be the first person to ever need to email such info, so the place you're going to send it to may be able to tell you exactly how to optimize the transfer. The way I see it, the main problem is the file sizes. But ofc they may not be large and they it's just a matter of an attachment, whether one file at a time or zip'ped up.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
It depends on the format of the DVD. Is it a data DVD with files on it? If so you can just copy those files to your computer and then share them in any number of ways.

If it's a video DVD that would play in a dvd player, then you need to "rip" it to your computer to get it into a format you can share on the internet. I can help you with that.

How the hell did this question come up twice at the same time?

The easiest way is having your DVD software make an ISO file of the DVD, basically an image. Put it into Dropbox, send the person a link, they can download it and make their own DVD from that. I did this for a friend who wanted to send theirs out to a Dr on the other coast. In your DVD software look at "Copy Disc" area, that is where it is in mine (CyberLink) ISO files are a standard so all software can handle them.

Thanks guys!

All this "rip" and "burn" stuff: so violent, lol! I'm Gandhian (and that's my excuse and sticking to it for not knowing jack about this stuff).

I guess Waterclone, whatever he said, might work for you Slinky.

I'll have to plop open and read something that goes: take disc, put it in the cup-holder looking thing, shut it, hear it whiz, etc.

Ok, supposing the stuff is made on proprietary software. Photoshop, for example. Does the receiver also need to have Photoshop to open the email to look at it?

v

Some proprietary software can output non-proprietary formats, as well, some proprietary software have "readers" so it all depends.

It depends on the format of the DVD. Is it a data DVD with files on it? If so you can just copy those files to your computer and then share them in any number of ways.

If it's a video DVD that would play in a dvd player, then you need to "rip" it to your computer to get it into a format you can share on the internet. I can help you with that.
That depends too, as in some case even the latter can just be copied (done it multiple times).

The 2 MRI dvd I have seen contain their own software to manipulate the images so the discneeds to be sent. They are in a special format for the MRI machine and can be over 1 GB in size