How many people do you know who have "suddenly passed away (it the business or not)

pokler

Power Bottom
Listing only those in my social circle:

2 neighbors, age 52 male, 62 female) from COVID (pre vaccine).

2 young people (1 was low 20's another high teens) in past 12 months from OD (stuff laced with fentanyl), middle class family kids living at home.
How well did you know the kids ? Did they seem like any other kids their age or like fuck ups ?

My accountant died age 47 covid-19 in hospital, my neighbor stroke age 48 after vaccine, my cousin age 53 covid-19 and his father 80+covid-19, in their 20-ties 2 friends soldiers on the military training stroke ...

A work friend had a toothache that he ignored for a while. It became infected and by the time he went to the dentist he had sepsis and died shortly thereafter. Now whenever someone tells me they have a toothache I insist that take care of it immediately. He was in his late 40's with kids.
In the past whenever I had a toothache the discomfort and pain was the chief motivator to seeing a dentist.

That said you can get sepsis from a simple cut (e.g. the plot of the short story The Snows of Kilimanjaro by Hemingway come to mind where the main charter dies of sepsis after being scratched by a thorn).

How well did you know the kids ? Did they seem like any other kids their age or like fuck ups ?
Both were regular kids, one went down the path of full blown addiction where he got thrown out of the house and another the parents were clueless as everything seemed normal.

In the past whenever I had a toothache the discomfort and pain was the chief motivator to seeing a dentist.

That said you can get sepsis from a simple cut (e.g. the plot of the short story The Snows of Kilimanjaro by Hemingway come to mind where the main charter dies of sepsis after being scratched by a thorn).
A good reason to see your dentist twice a year

I’ve worked with a guy, he was about 75 and finally decided to retire on a random Friday. We had cup cakes and a small give away we collected from everyone at the office. He went home Friday and never woke up in Saturday.
I was shocked and depressed for weeks.
The living example of ‘working until the day you die’. At one of my past places of employment, I worked with a few people in their late 60s/early 70s who had to re-enter the workforce. Many of them met this same fate.
You will be seeing & hearing alot more of this in our current state of worldly decay.
The American dream they say…

2 weeks ago ,a coworker that I knew for 20 years passed away in his sleep at age 58. I was shocked because the day before he passed we were talking football and about the games the next day( it was playoff games so maybe longer than 2 weeks). Anyways I said to him enjoy the games,we both went home. Early morning I get a call that he never woke up. Had a heart attack. Saddest part is that he planned on retiring April 1st. Still shocked that he passed.

2 weeks ago ,a coworker that I knew for 20 years passed away in his sleep at age 58. I was shocked because the day before he passed we were talking football and about the games the next day( it was playoff games so maybe longer than 2 weeks). Anyways I said to him enjoy the games,we both went home. Early morning I get a call that he never woke up. Had a heart attack. Saddest part is that he planned on retiring April 1st. Still shocked that he passed.
It’s harder to deal with the loss when it’s sudden. Better for the person that has passed but harder for us to wrap our heads around it and grieve.

Unfortunately for me, I’ve lost a few people in my life in the last 5 years. Heart attacks and Cancer seem to be the popular way for my people to go.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Such a morbid thread, I've been avoiding it other than to skim the posts for flagrant violations.

But rereading @genius original question;

A kid (actually he had turned 30 but he acted like a kid) in my neighborhood. He wasn't the brightest, always getting in trouble, had a really bad temper, the cops were always at the house. He physically fought with his girlfriends, one in particular. In and out of jail, heroin addiction. His parents were enablers, getting him of jail and rehab so he never really got clean. His father was a player in Nassau GOP so he has some weight with the cops.

Anyway, one of the girlfriends got a restraining order on him and got a new man. His reaction was to threatened suicide if she didn't come back to him. She called his bluff and he OD'd on Fentanyl on her front lawn.

@genius - does that qualify? Is that the kind of story you are looking for?