How long does it take to get a post in moderation approved?

billyS

Reign of Terror
It depends. Totally random.

Moderators have lives too. Sometimes three of us are on at the same time, sometimes no one is on.

It's not like this is a paid job for us.
It's not like we are assigned shifts so the moderation que is always checked.
Working from home the past two years I find myself picking up my phone and checking UG a lot more during the day then when I was in the office. Once I go back to the office I'll be on a lot less during business hours.

Conversely on the weekend and at night during the week I'm on a lot less.

I can't speak for the other mods but I know they have their times when they are more available.

Also after being on the computer for work all day the last thing I want to do is read a long ass post with no line breaks.

It depends. Totally random.

Moderators have lives too. Sometimes three of us are on at the same time, sometimes no one is on.

It's not like this is a paid job for us.
It's not like we are assigned shifts so the moderation que is always checked.
Working from home the past two years I find myself picking up my phone and checking UG a lot more during the day then when I was in the office. Once I go back to the office I'll be on a lot less during business hours.

Conversely on the weekend and at night during the week I'm on a lot less.

I can't speak for the other mods but I know they have their times when they are more available.

Also after being on the computer for work all day the last thing I want to do is read a long ass post with no line breaks.
But I see other posts in the same forum being approved before mine that were posted later?

billyS

Reign of Terror
But I see other posts in the same forum being approved before mine that were posted later?
Again, I'm not the only moderator.

One of the other guys will get to it.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with your review, I'm just saying I tried reading it last night but it's hard on the eyes, reading it on a cell phone.