How do I backdate my computer?

My computer is about 3 years old and I want to backdate/restore it temporarily to around the date I purchased it and then restore it to it's current settings. I went through Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore, but this only goes back 3 months. I thought there was a way to restore back to the time period of when I first had it.

I have a Dell and thought there would a be a CD to do this but I can't find it.

Thanks for the info. One thing I forgot to add before I do this, if I do it is, I want access a website that was active back then that isn't active now. Will restoring it to a past date do this?

A website? Nope, but try Google, they may have a cache of it. I seem to recall that someone here mentioned a site that has archived records of web sites, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Some Dell computers come with a separate partition that contains a disk image of the CD (or CD’s) that you are looking for. This will completely delete all programs, documents and data that you presently have on your computer’s hard drive, not to mention any Windows and Virus protection updates that you have gathered over the years. You should backup your computer to save it’s present settings that you currently have, but your computer will be restored to it’s new pristine state (as far as the software goes).

I wish my 1994 Honda Civic came with a CD that I could use to restore it to it’s brand new state.

justme

homo economicus
My computer is about 3 years old and I want to backdate/restore it temporarily to around the date I purchased it and then restore it to it's current settings.
Why? I'm having a hard time imagining how this could be useful.

Doing a system back-up, a re-install, and then a recovery is a long process that could go wrong at several points. You're risking all your data.

Maybe if you post why you want to do this, people can come up with a better approach.