Home Rebate checks for NJ residents

Just got off the phone with my girlfriend and we were discussing the home rebate checks for NJ. She is a homeowner and she said she was waiting for her NJ home rebate check. I told her that she is going to be waiting a very, very long time because it is not coming! LOL! She said that I was wrong--so I googled this with no answer--so I am posting this here! I thought that our darling Governor Chris Christie scrapped the home rebate checks for 2009 or did he scrap them for 2010? Am I confused?--If I am-- it is because I am under sexed! NOT! LOL

Just got off the phone with my girlfriend and we were discussing the home rebate checks for NJ. She is a homeowner and she said she was waiting for her NJ home rebate check. I told her that she is going to be waiting a very, very long time because it is not coming! LOL! She said that I was wrong--so I googled this with no answer--so I am posting this here! I thought that our darling Governor Chris Christie scrapped the home rebate checks for 2009 or did he scrap them for 2010? Am I confused?--If I am-- it is because I am under sexed! NOT! LOL
Ok I did find this but I still cannot make head or tales of it! HELP! IKES!

2009 Homestead Rebate Program
The proposed State Budget for FY 2011 contains modifications to the Homestead Rebate Program. In years past, rebate applications were sent to senior and disabled homeowners in May. However, until the proposed modifications to the Rebate Program become State Law, no rebate applications will be sent out or accepted by the Division of Taxation. To repeat, THE DIVISION DOES NOT EXPECT TO SEND OUT REBATE APPLICATIONS IN MAY.

The Governor has proposed that 2009 rebates be paid in quarterly installments as credits on the homeowner’s property tax bill. Homeowners would receive the first quarterly credit in May of 2011. Tenants would no longer receive the rebate.

Under the proposal, eligibility requirements and rebate amounts for the 2009 homeowner rebate remain the same as last year. The eligibility criteria used last year for the 2008 homeowner rebate are as follows:

Domicile (permanent legal residence) is in New Jersey.
Own and occupy a home in New Jersey that was the applicant’s principal residence on October 1, 2008.
The home must be subject to local property taxes, and 2008 property taxes must have been paid. However, the State Budget mandates that the 2008 rebate be calculated using 2006 property taxes.
New Jersey gross income for 2008 does not exceed certain limits. For homeowners age 65 or older and/or disabled on December 31, 2008, the income limit was $150,000 or less. For homeowners under age 65 and not disabled on December 31, 2008, the income limit was $75,000 or less.
Information about the proposed changes to the Homestead Rebate Program is contained in the Governor’s FY 2011 Budget in Brief. AGAIN, as a result of the proposed changes, rebate applications for homeowners will not be mailed in May as they had in past years.

Please continue to check here for updates.