Help the moderator...

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
"Slinky and Ozzy did that to me cause I hurt Ozzy's feelings"

If we were in court, I'd object on the grounds "arguing facts not in evidence". I won't say why Ozzy did anything, that's for him to know. I wouldn't presume, especially without having a conversation with him, and without the slightest evidence except for my wanting to believe it, that he had any particular motives ( although in this particular case, it appears you two have enough history that one could use "revenge" as a motive for just about any behaviour set, but what does that have to do with me ? ).

It is interesting that you think you have any clue as to my motivations. The only thing that anyone can assume is that I was concerned that someone who had presented themselves as a male ( for a good long time ) elsewhere was presenting themesleves as a female on my board. And considering that you initially denied to me that you were doing such, I think my concerns are still justified. As previously stated in this thread, I was concerned that I might have information which members of the board fealt would be relevant, and while some don't seem to care too much, others apparently do. Frankly, I am offended that you choose to portray me as Ozzie's henchman in some evil plot against you. If you two want to knock eachother out, to some extent that's your business. But this board is MY business, and I feel I have every right to question things here which do not appear to be on the level. And someone posting on my board as a female who has been posting on another board for quite a while as a male fits that bill.

Originally posted by Candide
Excuse me Guy - but if I'm out of focus it's cause you aren't LISTENING TO ME...just like a man too!

My name is Candi and you've refered to what I wrote on the JAG non member board.
i posted numerous derogatory messages about jag, inspired by Candi's postings on their nonmember board. Candi's postings were razor sharp in logical coherence.

the Candide postings here are 'all over the place'. i'm not saying you're not both the same person; i'm saying that SB can hardly be blamed for wondering what the f*ck is going on! you've engaged in deception about your true identity, and now you blame SB for figuring out the deception you've perpetrated on him!.

sounds like a 'real woman' to me ;).

now, as far as the 'in- and out-of-focus' characterization goes, consider the following: "... my sexual experience up until I was 35 was just about nil - I was a book worm, an intellectual and afraid of men - then I found out guys liked my mouth - it took a while to find out why. Then one guy on AOL offered to pay me for it and that was it - it took two years for me to go full circle and quit - and thanks to JAG I quit."

i'm sorry, i can't go on ... i'm losing it....

Candide/Info-

I had to come out of lurking to say that you had me completely fooled for a long time on JAG. Its a rather humbling experience discovering you've been deceived for so long.

Anyways, I don't think Slinky is asking you to not post here. If anything, he was trying to protect the integrity of this board and in the process unearthed your little secret. Its obvious that you're an intelligent poster, and your perspective in your true persona is valued here. You seem to think that all the attention you're getting here is animosity towards you, when in actuality it is just the result of the shock that everyone is now suddenly experiencing.

Rust

Rust, everyone,

I did not mean to fool anyone - I merely needed to talk to you all - you involved me in spite of myself - that is because you are all so engaging. I am sorry if I have upset anyone. I won't post here or anywhere any more nor will I read from the boards anymore. I will miss you. My apologies to JAG and to UG for doing what I did - it was wrong.

You don't have to say nice things to me Ozzy, I am not in pitiful shape (no reference to Mr. Pitiful, who I admire greatly) but merely honest and I know when I don't belong. - C

P.S. Guy, get some rest or lay off the sauce!

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Lest anyone think that Candide is being chased off the board by "management", I have said nothing which should indicate to anyone that she is being "banned" from here. As I have said before all ( well, almost all ) are welcome here as long as they come "with pure intentions".

Candide,
If anyone has said you "need to go", I haven't seen it, or I'm being thick headed and not recognizing it. I think I think I have already stated what my concerns were. If you want to stay, that's fine ( just don't tell us tomorrow that you're really a guy :D ).

Originally posted by Candide:
....I did not mean to fool anyone

but, Candide, you obviously did "mean to fool (every)one."

- I merely needed to talk to you all

nods

- you involved me in spite of myself

?

- that is because you are all so engaging.

hmmm ;)

I am sorry if I have upset anyone.

nods

I won't post here or anywhere any more nor will I read from the boards anymore.

that may be true of 'Candide'; but what about the rest of the cast of A Night at the Opera?

I will miss you.

yes; but look on the bright side, Candide: your next identity can look forward to re-befriending all of us "engaging" men here and at jag ;).

My apologies to JAG and to UG for doing what I did - it was wrong.

i can't speak for jag, nor anyone else at UG; but, i know that i've enjoyed your current incarnation's brief visit here, Candide. and, you've certainly done wonders for the rate at which new posts have been coming in ;).

"... Mr. Pitiful, who I admire greatly"

Candide, the man tries very hard to do the right thing.

"...but merely honest and I know when I don't belong."

now that you're no longer confusing us to distraction, you're leaving because you "don't belong"? i take it you "don't belong" on jag, pretending to be a client. and, it really wasn't very nice to attack the APM's motives for reasonably responding to the confusing data you were generating.

but, Ozzy seems to like you, as i'm sure the rest of us do. so, i don't see in what way you "don't belong" here.

P.S. Guy, get some rest or lay off the sauce!

Candide, i'm sober as a judge; but, i admit that you are keeping me up tonight ;).

Candide-

You've done nothing wrong here. So refraining from posting here isn't necessary. The only people that you've deceived are those on JAG. Not only were you a provider on JAG, but you were a provider who posted as a client.

I'm not sure that deleting all your posts on here will make anything go away. Obviously you enjoy posting on these boards, and you'll probably continue to do so with alternate names. Instead of running and hiding again, wouldn't it be better to just be who you really are for once? I for one have enjoyed your posts, and would probably enjoy them much more knowing who you are now. No one here is angry with you, they are all shocked. Im not going to beg you to stay, but this board would benefit from you posting here.

Rust

I missed all the excitement. But, if Candide is indeed a female (and apparently she is) then I think this entire thread was a stupid idea.

I gather she infiltrated JAG and posted? Did she do any actual harm? Personally, I can't resist a challenge, which is why *I* did it. Have I done any actual harm? I dunno, maybe.

Ozzy, I don't know what you did, but references to a providers age show a lack of manners and maturity. At least, I think that you meant that comment about her age as some sort of justification? I don't know if that's what you actually did, though - because all the good stuff seems to have been deleted.

KS,
for you....i removed the age refrence, only because i respect your honesty in admitting your access to jag. as i said someplace here earlier....you've made a fan of me.

[Edited by Ozzy on 02-21-2001 at 05:27 PM]

I am generally a lurker on JAG and am new on this Board. But having seen and read the most recent posting by Candi - de (pronounced Day) I can see that this medium is by its very nature limiting. What one person writes, another quickly mis-interprets, twists, or takes to the logical extreme.

I must say that Ms. Day seems to be a bit extreme in this instance. I echo the poster who wrote that not only has there been no outcry to bannish Ms. Day to "Bogie "Land" for her slight indescretions, but there is generaly a feeling that she should stay and continue to contribute. She should remain here where she obviously enjoys being heard.

Its just my opinion. I have never met her nor will I most likely, but one more voice of reason is always better in a community of voices. Or is that vices.

It's OK, Ozzy!

I kind of remember the incident you're talking about. And, I understand now what you meant about the age thing!

I actually believe JAG is a necessary thing, and that guys should be able to talk semi-privately. I would feel kind of bad about revealing information I read there to interested parties. I suppose, if someone was plotting to kill a provider or something like that, there would be a LOT of JAGsters who'd warn her. What I'm saying is, there's nothing there that is really worth sharing, but I wouldn't go on TBD and say "Oh, you're kissing her butt HERE but on JAG you said she's a withered old hag."

That sort of thing.

I ought not to post after drinking a cup of coffee.