Help me understand.....

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I know from speaking with a number of "suppliers" that things have been somewhat slow lately. I also know from speaking with a lot of "consumers" that funds are a little tight lately. Well, I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I just don't understand why no one is using the "Need Something Today" area.

I would think that the ladies who read the board ( Hi girls ! I know you're out there ! ) would find it useful to pick up appointments and fill in some of the dead time they may be ( read "are" ) experiencing. I would think that guys would find it useful to bokk appointments which they might not otherwise be able to get. I would also think that some incall places having a "slow day" might at least want to salvage a few appointments, perhaps by offereing a modest disount. For them, it would also be a way of offereing a "coupon" type situation to get someone new to try their place.

On the odd chance that it's just that people can't figure out how to use it, here's a "Primer":

All posts are to be made by consumers looking for appointments ( i.e. no "ads" ).

Requests dont' need to be for "that day", but should not be open ended. For example, today is Wednesday, and you could ask for something "Thursday or Friday" or even "This Weekend".

Requests should give some idea of what you are looking for ( over 5'6", under 130 lbs, etc. ), but should not mention any "services" ( no "BBBJ wanted, etc. ).

You should also include a desired price range and a location ( Queens, Upper East Side, etc. ).

You should also make sure to include a way to contact you ( your email addy ).

For the ladies:

Independants - Whenever you know you will have some down time, this is a way of booking "fill in" appointments. Simply write a note to the poster, indicating that you may be intersted. Then simply follow whatever "normal" screeening proceedures you may follow. This can be a way of picking up new clients, or even seeing old one's who my have "forgotten" you. It's also a good way of picking up some extra cash fromappointments who may normally not have called you ( do to "pricing structure" ), without dropping your "rack rate" ( sorry, bad pun, but then I'm prone to those ).

Incall - You can use this as a "loss leader" to fill in on slow days or to get new customers to try your place. You may find that taking a small "hit" on the initial appointment will land you a repeat customer. If it's at a time that you won't be busy anyway ( hey, you get to choose the time ! ) you really are not losing much. It is also a good way of keeping the "house" busy, and possbily losing some workers, by filling in with appointments you otherwise would not have gotten.

Agnecies - you can push new girls without having to advertise them by keeping up with the requests. It may also be a good way to "break in" new talent, and you are sure to get feedback and maybe even some good reviews.

I remember that Tiffany used to give out her Bonelle hair dresser cards with a $ amount written on the back and you could use the card to get a discount for that amount. I used every card I ever got and know I made appts that I otherwide would not have because it was "an offer I could not refuse". I know others did also.

Slinky Bender

SkellyChamp,

You see, that's exactly my point. I think that guys would "buy a lot more product" if there were a few "coupons". On a similar note, there was a girl who used to cruise around the West 20's in a van with Misouri plates, who had a card that read "Jasmine's Towing Service". If you called, she would come over an "start your engine" for you.

I think in the next few months, there is some chance of some industry "shake out", and it will be the one's who can adapt and be creative that will be left "standing". I'm just hoping that the tools being made availble get used ( ok, so I'm pleading, not hoping....).

pswope

One out of three
Madames and Indies

A number of you whom I've spoken to over the last 6 months have indicated that business is slower than you like.

Need something today is an excellent way to pick up extra business and find new clientele.

It may seem complicated,but if you look at it,it's like a cyber version of a college dorm bulletin board,where someone is looking to sell a PC or get a ride home over the holidays.

You ladies spend your hard earned dollars advertsing on various websites and other publications.

This is free and just like the phone girls say to a john considering visiting

"You're under no obligation"

Once the johns see it is being respeonded it will pick up and become a great new source of business.

pswope

One out of three
Sigma
Yes the entire transaction is invisible to all but the participants. What I should have been more clear about was if Johns use the board and have a quality experience,they would presumably relate that fact to the other members of the board,without of course giving out unnecessary info.
This will in turn encourage other Johns to use this service as well. If the providers see it filling up idle time,presumably they would use it more as well.

Listen,I understand that the manager of one of the most longstanding incall places in NY is sending out discount coupons. If she willing to try that,why not spur business by participating in the Need Something Today Board(it's like the Hilton Chain or Delta Airlines seeling excess capacity on a website like priceline oe their own websites)

Putney,

This not only makes sense -- it is already happening. I received a $50 discount offer by email from one of the better-known incall places in Manhattan for a Valentine's Day Special.

pswope

One out of three
just curious

Has any person,who has posted on the Need Something Today board

1. Received a response?
2. If so,actually had it result in an appointment?

Slinky Bender

While this is the first I have heard of "official price reductions", I've certainly seen a lot of guys saying they were cutting beack substantially on the number of visits they were making each month. If the demand side is substantially diminished, it's only a matter of time till the supply side has to do something. While that something can take many forms, they all have to deal with the diminished $$$ which will be flying artound.

Originally posted by slinkybender
...If the demand side is substantially diminished, it's only a matter of time till the supply side has to do something. While that something can take many forms, they all have to deal with the diminished $$$ which will be flying artound.
no matter what you might read or hear otherwise, that's the bottom line.