Have you tried [this] place?

I hope that my intent here is within the boundaries. I thought that maybe we could have a thread where we could inquire of each other as to what is thought of a particlur restaurant (of any type) but only in response to a specific inquiry about the place from someone who has never been there (that is - not a "restaurant review" thread). Sort of a "I noticed place X and it seemed interesting. Anyone ever been there? What do you think?" thread.

If this concept is OK with the powers, I will start with Puleos (45th St.)

stevana said:
I hope that my intent here is within the boundaries. I thought that maybe we could have a thread where we could inquire of each other as to what is thought of a particlur restaurant (of any type) but only in response to a specific inquiry about the place from someone who has never been there (that is - not a "restaurant review" thread). Sort of a "I noticed place X and it seemed interesting. Anyone ever been there? What do you think?" thread.

If this concept is OK with the powers, I will start with Puleos (45th St.)
Well! Are you going to tell us if you liked it or not or am I missing a secret code which deciphers all?

This **hof** designation after only three posts must be some sort of record. I extend my sincere appreciation to the only other poster herein without whose assistance this accomplishment would not have been possible.

Monk said:
OMG -- a restaurant ISO thread -- who would have thought UG would have come to this?
Gee, Monk. I made the first post here 3 months ago. Good morning. It also seems, given the responses, that UG has not come to this. I would have to say, however, that my first post, Toreador's response, and my response to him are sort of priceless as JL apparently thought as well. Thanks, JL.

stevana said:
(that is - not a "restaurant review" thread). Sort of a "I noticed place X and it seemed interesting. Anyone ever been there? What do you think?" thread.
Not to quibble, but in general a "what did you think of it" post would be a review where I come from.

Last edited:
stevana said:
only in response to a specific inquiry about the place from someone who has never been there
I guess I thought that this part of what I said made the difference. That is, I was not trying to create a place for sui generis posting about places like a newspaper publishing a review without anyone specifically asking about a place. It really doesn't matter.