Hang in there Greekgirl!!!

Cloud Nine

I had to open my big mouth.......
I saw this part of a post by greekgirlinnj in anthoer thread and rather than make it suffer from threaddrift I am posting this in the off topic section.

Originally posted by greekgirlinnj
ok i havent had carbs in 4 days so im very ditzy right now ( and no comments from the peanut gallery)
Stick your guns girl!! After about 2 weeks the cravings for sugars, breads and pastas really get subdued. (I wont lie and say that they go away, but it gets easier. ) I started a low carb diet in July and now I am 62lbs lighter with 40lbs more to go. (According to my BMI. I am no longer "obese" but merely "overweight" :rolleyes: ) I dont get hungry very much anymore and I feel better than I have in 10 years. After a few weeks I will recommend that you buy Atkins candy bars or Advantage bars, they're made with sucralose and can help the sweet tooth yearnings, but its a good idea to wait a while before you start those until after you get over your sugar dependancy.
BTW- stay away from nutrasweet, for some reason my doc says it hinders in weight loss. (Diet Rite has no nutrasweet, a good alternative if you must have soda)
PS dont forget your vitamins

Last edited:
hey cloud thanks for the encouragement...yes it is getting easier but ugh every now and then i crave a bagel...

i use equal in my coffee sorry some thing a girl cant give up...hehe

i eat a protein diet that consists of 90-120 grams of protein a day and eat 4-5 small meals..i consider a can of tuna plain a meal...

i go for the nitro tech protein bars..lots of protein low in carbs..i use twin lab cla for fat burning and yes i take my multi vitamins christ i should work part time for gnc cuz im in there enough

my work out contains this
mon, wed, fri, 30 min of running and an hour of weight training with personel trainer (mon is biceps and shoulders, wednes is back and triceps and lats, and friday is legs)
tues thurs and saturday 45-60 min of cardio..
5 days i work abs

i have started to do legs and biceps on my own also on tues and thurs making sure i give them at least a days rest..

im up to benching no incline chest press of 80llb vertical leg lifts of power lifting first set 180, 2nd set 230 and third set is 270

biceps are still weak can only do 20 on each arm but hey i only started a few months ago

so far its paying off

5 percent less bmi..40 lost and 3 inches on the waist 2 inches on the hips and 1 inch on the arms

but again i still have a ways to go but i have a great trainer and my dedication is what keeps me going

also dont forget the water

take care

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
i eat a protein diet that consists of 90-120 grams of protein a day and eat 4-5 small meals..
4-5 small protein meals a day eh? Wonder what they are.

Just kidding Dee. Hang in there. Sounds like the program is working for you.

Last edited:

Cloud Nine

I had to open my big mouth.......
Try Splenda instead of Equal its made of sucralose and will do the trick.

You're going to have to get a new picture done for your ad.

actually cloud nine i switched to natra taste

i sent allen pics full length backside shot some ugers got it already

i still hate my lower abs..i want surgery but trainer is making me wait another 3 months in case i dont see more results there..he is not for it at all...

by the way cloud nine congrats on your weight loss..great job dude

i wanted to go to the mr o competition in vegas next week but im waiting for the nationals to come to ny next november

i may go to the ipc competition in late nov in philly

come on we all know im a sucker for a man with at least 17 inch arms

GGNJ

Congrats on your dedicated efforts....

2 books you may find interesting are "The Zone Diet", and "Body for Life".

It sounds like what you are doing is similar to what is outlined in them.

And remember what an old football coach used to pontificate: "A little pain never hurt anybody..."

RD

Re: GGNJ

Originally posted by Reel Deal
Congrats on your dedicated efforts....

And remember what an old football coach used to pontificate: "A little pain never hurt anybody..."

RD

yea well when my trainer has me use the machine butt blaster i wanna rip his fucking balls off

Re: Re: GGNJ

yea well when my trainer has me use the machine butt blaster i wanna rip his fucking balls off
"A little pain never hurt anybody...", except for that tearing off of the balls thing...

hey cloud thanks for the encouragement...yes it is getting easier but ugh every now and then i crave a bagel...

i use equal in my coffee sorry some thing a girl cant give up...hehe

i eat a protein diet that consists of 90-120 grams of protein a day and eat 4-5 small meals..i consider a can of tuna plain a meal...

i go for the nitro tech protein bars..lots of protein low in carbs..i use twin lab cla for fat burning and yes i take my multi vitamins christ i should work part time for gnc cuz im in there enough

my work out contains this
mon, wed, fri, 30 min of running and an hour of weight training with personel trainer (mon is biceps and shoulders, wednes is back and triceps and lats, and friday is legs)
tues thurs and saturday 45-60 min of cardio..
5 days i work abs

i have started to do legs and biceps on my own also on tues and thurs making sure i give them at least a days rest..

im up to benching no incline chest press of 80llb vertical leg lifts of power lifting first set 180, 2nd set 230 and third set is 270

biceps are still weak can only do 20 on each arm but hey i only started a few months ago

so far its paying off

5 percent less bmi..40 lost and 3 inches on the waist 2 inches on the hips and 1 inch on the arms

but again i still have a ways to go but i have a great trainer and my dedication is what keeps me going

also dont forget the water

take care
blah blah blah.........blah blah blah........

Originally posted by SINATRA

blah blah blah.........blah blah blah........

oh leave me alone..hehehe just kidding my dear..dont worry frances albert i wont loose my big behind..no surgery in the world could fix that

Last edited:
GG,

Great job!!

I cycle my diet for bodybuilding and know what you are going through. Luckily right now Im bulking looking to add 15 lbs of muscle. I wouldnt stay on no/low carbs too long. When you go back you put on alot of weight. Its ok to eat carbs just the right ones. Even when Im cutting, I est plenty of carbs about 300-400 per day. right now Im eating about 600 grams per day. Granted I work out alot and use them, you will need alot less.

If you are using supplements stay away from GNC big scammers. They are grossly overpriced even with the member card. I use and slinky not spamming here just trying to help GG, www.vitaglo.com they are much cheaper.

TJ

Originally posted by vegasjim
Dedication. You go girl. Fantastic. BTW UGer's I have seen the pic Dee is talking about and she looks fantastic. Hot Hot!
That she does, she will tell you she doesnt. Likes to get compliments,

TJ: "MAn GG that pic was great."
GG: "You must like big ugly women."

;)

thanks jack

i wish i could eat carbs not sure if ur lifting to bulk up or not but keep up the good work

thanks for the link, i appreciate it

and i never saId so you must like big ugly girls

HEY GG

Dee...you were a doll when I saw you a few months ago, and you'll be even more of a doll after all of this...Keep up the
great work, but please don't lose too much of of that
pretty round butt of yours...I'd probably do this diet myself,
but I could never give up the pasta....Hey, how about sending
the new pics to me ...kisses.JCB