Giving Your Actual Identity to a Provider

In the last couple of days,we have witnessed on another board the outing of a client's identity. The seeming predicate for this drastic response was the apparently critical posts of the clients,in one case the revelation of the clients perception of the provider's age.

The responses,which each also contained racial slurs,were to reveal the clients ostensible real names and allege some type of sexual issue.

Obviously,the providers who posted did profound damage to their respective businesses.

These are only recent examples of this type of inappropriate retaliatory conduct.

I cannot understand how clients can reveal their actual identities,not to mention their bank account info in light of this recurring conduct. While I also understand that single men without significant others may chose to do this,what is the ratonale for the rest of you?

(And I do acknowledge a providers right to security)

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Not to "pile on" but I also think that if the economy continues to soften, the resulting frustration will cause additional behaviour of this sort. Anything which is judged to be "taking bread out of the mouthes of children" will be taken to an extreme level of retribution.

You have to make your own decisions as to what you want to reveal about yourself. Personally, not many people know who Big Dick Magee is. Especially providers. I realize that not every provider is going to like what I have to say about them after the session. Not that I would be anything other then a gentleman with them during the session, they deserve that.

Bottom line to me though, its not worth it to let people know who you are.

BDM: do you see indies? How do you get through their screening processes without revealing personal info? I understand and sort of agree with an uindy's need for screening potential new clients as a means of protection, but how does one reconcile that with a client's need to maintain privacy?

Strangely enough, I have found many providers to be a bit lax in their security screenings lately. They will ask for an office or other phone number that they can verify on their caller ID box or via directory assistance. For some reason, very few have actually asked for personal ID when I arrive. I have found myself lecturing these ladies to be a bit more careful, for their safety as well as my own. What I find reassuring is that to the extent that they use a public forum, such as the internet to "market" their services, there is a bit of an "equalizing" effect. While I run the risk of being "outted", they run the risk of being "flamed". This provides a minimal amount of recourse, but there is merit to it.

if you give your real name and address or phone# (cell phones that you can drop in the garbage don't count) to any provider.....

YOU'RE NUTS!!!!!!!!!!

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
If you use the "pre-pay" option, they won't check your credit ( they don't have to ). You need to give them a name and address, it just doesn't haveto be the right one.

real names

Sometimes you have to give some information to protect both of you. Say you are at a classy hotel in a busy downtown so only valet parking is avialable and only to hotel guests and arrange an outcall visit. If you get a call from the doorman saying "A woman who says she is coming to see Mr. framl is here, and wants us to park her car. Should I send her up? Ok, I have to know you are really the registered guest. What is your name?" you never know who is going to learn about your activity. Maybe hotel security will follow her up. Maybe if your subsequent tip to the doorman isn't good enough your next visitor might be followed by a police dectective.

On the other hand, I always respect a provider's nickname and expect her to respect mine. I have need a good reason to expose my own identity, and I've found fewer and fewer good reasons.