GFE-where did it originate?

Any language mavens out there? I had never heard the term "GFE" until reading an internet board a few years ago. Is GFE solelly an internet creation or did anyone see it in print earlier (pre 1995)?

Well, there was the fat and saucy, round heeled tribe of semi-hideous looking hookers from Brooklyn that I used to routinely converse with at dawn in Times Square circa 1974. My friend and I always told them that we were too expensive for them and that they couldn't afford us. Remember one of them saying to me one hot August morning that she'd provide me with a real girlfriend experience if I'd only let her and pay the requisite fee.

But, somehow I doubt that this hooker was the origin of the term. Probably have to go back to the 1920s or 1930s when men first started having "girlfriends" and women started becoming "liberated."

Was Mr. P that hooker in Times Square in August of 1974? That would explain a lot of things. Great sex change operation even though the weight never apparently came off. A good education afterwards. Only in America, folks.

Miss such things as his deconstructionist discourses on hooker photographs and his personal point of view reviews. Some of the best things on JAG. Darkly ironic understated Jewish boy with soul. When I pay the fare and have a quick week's worth of lurker viewing this coming winter, I'll do a search on his name to see whether he is taken that thing further...

justme

homo economicus
The only term I can remember darkly ironic understated Jewish guys with soul originating is DFK (and I believe the acronym was introduced as a joke).

Well, of course, Irish boys with soul (like myself) have it all over everyone else being slightly more in touch with the maniacal, lyrical and comedic forces at work in the universe. But I think I recall that the thread in question was discursive and in a tone that I took to be ironic. Don't recall too much in the way of ha ha type jokiness from him.