Geeks.com website hacked *ID Theft Warning*

To avoid this in the future I strongly recommend that everyone use or get a PayPal account. One of the cool features it has is that it can randomly generate a virtual VISA debit card number to use online (yes, it will be pulled from your checking/savings account, it won't come from your credit cards) which can be used only once or have an extended, but limited shelf life. You can create and use as many as you want. I go this route since late last year whenever I make an online purchase. If they hack into the system and get my cc#, let them try to use it. It becomes invalid the second I complete my transaction.

I am sure there may be some other financial institutions that offer something similar. Obviously I don't know of any otherwise I would list them. But using PayPal is convenient and any monkey can set up their account and use this feature.

Last edited:
To avoid this in the future I strongly recommend that everyone use or get a PayPal account. One of the cool features it has is that it can randomly generate a virtual VISA debit card number to use online
No need for PayPal, Discover has that service, as does Bank Of America (Amex and Visa) and other standard card issuers. I have not read very much good about PayPal beyond the fact that they make it easy to use eBay. www.aboutpaypal.org

www.aboutpaypal.org, this is web site about people's complaints with Paypal. Not what you want to display when you think Paypal is cool.
Paypal fucked me over. The first time I used paypal, I was a bit confused. I do not know what I did, but somehow I paid twice for the same purchase. The scum back who I paid twice would not refund me my money, and paypal did nothing to help.

Paypal fucked me over. The first time I used paypal, I was a bit confused. I do not know what I did, but somehow I paid twice for the same purchase. The scum back who I paid twice would not refund me my money, and paypal did nothing to help.
I'm sorry to hear that. Someone I know uses ebay a lot, and you have to use Paypal for this. Maybe ebay is not such a safe bet.

I got screwed by paypal once. Someone set up a merchant account, then broke into my ebay account, changed the ***** address on it and used it to make a $2,200 "purchase" at the merchant account. Paypal's system allowed the person to continue to use the new account without an auto ***** to the old account so I did not know. Sting was traced to China where trail went dead. My bank eventually gave me the money back, but dealing with paypal on it was impossible.