Ficha?

I've never hear this term before. I read a big chunk of the Latine Ficha Bar thread and think I get it from context, but is there a specific meaning? My guess is it refers to places like the defunct Nickels on Queens Blvd or the very defunct original Dumbarton Oaks in Jackson Heights, if anyon remembers those places.

I think it refers to the hole in wall places where you drink Budweiser (used to be out of nips) and get dances from women from Ecuador with really strong hands who are shaped like toasters that you try to impress by saying the guy who does your lawn is from Guayaquil while a jukebox that Fonzie would think was old plays crap songs and you hope to get in good with the the one semi-attractive one who is from Brazil, looks like she's 40, and is really at least 15 year older, but could make Warren Beatty's ears bleed after 6 minutes of alone time and you end up completely wasted and going somewhere for a cheap HJ because a "doctor' from the WHO cockblocked on the Brazilian and you eventually end up in a bed, maybe at your place, maybe not in the same state as where your bed normally is while you curse that you wished you thought of the "doctor" angle before you pass out.

Is that it or am I projecting?

I'm just one of those jerks who hates sorta understanding, but not being sure.

That's pretty funny. Why don't you go check it out for yourself? BTW, Ficha is a spanish word for ticket or chit. The girls collect tickets for drinks purchased for them and dances from the house. The tickets get turned in for $ when they check out.

Thanks. I knew the type of place, but never heard that term before. I used to frequent places like that in Queens many moons ago. In fact, I did get cockblocked by a dude who claimed to be a WHO doctor. I was like 19 and it was the first time i ever saw someone pick-up a stripper. Let's just say, my life was never quite the same.