Favorite candybar?

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
She used to BE a vegetarian. It was, like, impossible to take her out. But spending so much time watching me derive such obvious and intense pleasure out of eating meat convinced her to cross over. Now she's sort of crazed. She just bought a vintage cookbook called Festival of Meat -- I'm not making this up -- and is studying it assiduously. She's trying to find out which butchers in New York City can supply the various rare cuts she now craves. She'll go anywhere for an obscure pork dish, or venison. "This is all your fault," she keeps telling me.
Well, I don't know about you, but all of that would give me an instant hard-on.

But, then again, in my mind, this was the most flirtatious post to me this year:

As Slinky mentioned earlier, I was extremely ignorant when I began posting here at UG. I got a lot of shit for the dumb comments I made, and I most certainly deserved all of it. I'd never engaged in these sorts of structured discussions before, and my first reaction to some of the things I read was to fire back with the standard, defensive, and thoughtless stripper crap that had been drilled into my head and that I'd had on auto-pilot playback for years. I am apalled and embarrassed looking back at some of the stupid shit I used to say. As a result, I tried really hard to drop the BS front and dig deeper when I contributed to these discussions. So, yes, what is REALLY insulting is despite all that, I'm getting torn apart right now for just telling it like it is. Yes, most of my strip club work experiences have been of the high-end variety - but that doesn't mean I don't get where some of you are coming from. I really don't understand why stating the facts somehow makes me an asshole, or why discussing my opinions on men's fashion within a "Dress Code" thread is offensive to anyone.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Now I am completely confused, but thank you very much pusieDR. for bringing up butterfingers.

Chocolites, anyone? The absolute best candybar ever. Now, what about a "cookie thread"?

Gavy

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
But I understand that for you, a long, "you were right I was wrong" is, like, Wood City.
Honestly, in this case, it's much, much deeper than that. It's not "you were right" it's "you fundamentally changed the way I think" (although it does seem now as if that's not really the case, but more along the lines of "I realized how stupid that sounds when you listen to it objectively", but I can still have my fantasies, right?)

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
jwills and the Reggie Bar

Does anybody know the name of the candy bar named for a rock group in the sixties?
Nope, great question, though!

By the way, I remember the "Reggie Bar" in the 70s but never had one because we are Mets fans. It did get strong reviews, though. Anybody have a fond memory of this candybar? A brief description?

Gavy

Does anybody know the name of the candy bar named for a rock group in the sixties?
I knew this one, can't remember it now.

Did it have anything to do with this story...... urban legend?

Supposedly during a raid of a Rolling Stones party in London that Scotland yard officers found Mick Jagger eating a candy Bar out of then girlfriend Marianne Faithfull's pussy....

What kind of candy bar was it?

Nope, great question, though!

By the way, I remember the "Reggie Bar" in the 70s but never had one because we are Mets fans. It did get strong reviews, though. Anybody have a fond memory of this candybar? A brief description?

Gavy

It was a round carmel nut cluster. Kind of like a cross bet a Snickers and whats commonly called a turtle cluster. Actually it was a turtle cluster just a really big one... bout 3-4 inches in diameter.

I knew this one, can't remember it now.

Did it have anything to do with this story...... urban legend?

Supposedly during a raid of a Rolling Stones party in London that Scotland yard officers found Mick Jagger eating a candy Bar out of then girlfriend Marianne Faithfull's pussy....

What kind of candy bar was it?
Mars Bar