Entitlements

The overarching trend in P&R is entitlements. So, just how much do you think each person is entitled to?

I was thinking of rights we currently have or folks have asked for and devised the below inventory. Are these all real rights...and should be as secure as the right of freedom of speech?

1) The right to free healthcare
2) The right to free food
3) The right to free shelter
4) The right to a job (I am not quite sure how this works. I don't think you can be fired; if you are fired, then you are having a right denied, correct?)
5) The right to a free primary education
6) The right to a free secondary education (vocational, college, etc.)
7) The right to free clothing
8) The right to free childcare
9) The right to a "living" minimum wage

And these are some lesser rights...such as...

10) The right to free mobile phone service

And these rights are not in exchange for work or services, e.g., a veteran receiving education on the GI bill.

At what point do we kill the incentive to work and for people to be CONTRIBUTING members to society... as opposed to building a society of takers?

That is the liberal agenda: To create a minimum standard of living above the poverty line paid for by the taxpayers. They believe it is a safety net. Liberals are from two camps. The low life scum that accept the entitlements and milk them and play the game (often fraudulently) to maximize their booty. They get foster kids or get themselves pregnant to get Mo money. They bring their EBT cards to known stores where they can get booze and cigarrettes instead of food. They get their section 8 housing ... they play the system to maximize their lifestyle built on the backs of the taxpayer. It is much more prevalant than the other camp of liberals realize. The other camp is made up of the Marcus', Mikes and Emiliys. They seem to think that the rich got rich off the backs of society and that the rich are not entitled to their earnings. Yet they feel bad for the poor people and feel that they should have a "safety net". They believe that the rich are so rich that they are obligated to pay back to liberals a minimum standard of living in the form of entitlements.

Are there legitimately people who need a temporary safety net to get them through a rough patch? Sure .... but that is a very small number of people. I have a friend who works for the county investigating social services fraud. It is rampant.

Social Services should be reduced to a percentage of GDP and if more and more people go on ... then either people get cut off or benefits should be reduced across the board.

It is proven that you cut off benefits then people go back to work and take care of themselves. Liberals don't understand that you do these people a greater service to teach them to be self-sufficient as opposed to keep them in the grips of welfare which enslaves them to a poorer life bereft of hope.

Thomas Sowell says it better than me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brZgmTMXr_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VrANfyzuW8

For the amount of money you spend for tickets and everything else ...I do feel entitled to a victory!

2014 may not be a great year for the Yankees.

All those who don't feel as humans should have basic needs have to stop calling yourself pro-life effective immediately and stop supporting a party that spends millions on stupid laws like heartbeat bill and fetal pain bill that is making it more difficult for the impoverished and desperate to control the population. Republicans despise our unfortunate and impoverished post born so much they should be giving out painless suicide kits instead humiliating the downtrodden with drug testing which actually cost more then the measly allowance of welfare. Since they want to deny any form of humane population control I have to believe they just get off on watching people suffer and denial of what is now considered entitlements is part of the scheme. We are back to depression era cruelty thanks to Republican Party, Grapes of Wrath Part II. The only entitlements Republicans favor are corporate ones for their big donor buddies, they love to give the most profitable corporations entitlements and subsidies while shaming people experiencing hardships and misfortunes.

Being a good person is not solely a liberal way of thinking, it's called being a human being. Conservatives are like those horrible people who buy a puppy or kitten for Christmas but come Spring when it's not so little and cute anymore they throw it out on the street. It's not normal to obsess over the welfare for the first 9 months and completely disconnect any compassion for the next 80 or so years.

It would be a great invention if someone could create a guys' only board and then kick out guys who 'white knight' chicks. Maybe call it creative writing or Johns Action Guide or something like that.

Or make a movie about women who have ovaries that strangle guys' opinions about stuff.

I do my best work after a lunch of Chinese food and martinis.

It would be a great invention if someone could create a guys' only board and then kick out guys who 'white knight' chicks. Maybe call it creative writing or Johns Action Guide or something like that.

Or make a movie about women who have ovaries that strangle guys' opinions about stuff.

I do my best work after a lunch of Chinese food and martinis.

I thought it was called OzzysSandbox.... but that was long ago.

It's been way too long, I'm back in NY and you're one of the few I'd have afternoon martinis with. Maybe I could round up a few of the old crew and I'm sure our resident respected lawyer could chalk it up to billable hours.