Duplicate Posts

I've been noticing quite a few duplicate posts lately. These are posts where a member inadvertently clicks on the "Create Thread" tab more than once, resulting in the same exact post appering a second time right under the first.

I delete the dupes whenever I come across them in my review of new threads. I review every single thread that has been posted in, with the exception of the AMP ad threads and most of the other AMP threads. So, unless the duplicate post is in one of those threads, I will eventually comes across it.

You yourself can delete the duplicate post if you see it in time within the 3 minute window to edit posts.

But if you miss that, there is an easy way to notify a moderator about the problem. At the bottom of each post on the left hand side, there is a row of type, starting with your screen name and ending with the word "Report." Go to your duplicate post and simply click on Report, and a pop-up appears with a box to complete. Type DUPLICATE POST in the box, click on Report Post, and we will be notified.

Similarly, if anyone other than the orginator of the duplicate post comes across one, they can also report it in the same exact way and we will be notified.