Damn Slinky....

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Did you ever see the New Yorker Magazine cover with the new yorker's pespective of the world?

PS It was going to be a more geographically correct description, but after re-writing it 5 times because it was too confusing, I gave up and decided to make it SA, rather than "everything in the Western Hemisphere South of the US". Hell, on this board, Mexico is in SA.

justme

homo economicus
Yes, well than I suppose that since most of the people that I talk to off Hilcroft are Muslim that the United States is an Islamic country.

re: the def's JM posted...I saw the 2nd one...(see below)...French is certainly a Romance language so they only got it half right I guess...

This seems like a real strained definition though...I'd go with "countries in the Americas other than Canada and the USA"...

So, what are "The countries of the Western Hemisphere south of the United States" that do NOT "(speak) Spanish, Portuguese, or French"??

from the link....

The countries of the Western Hemisphere south of the United States, especially those speaking Spanish, Portuguese, or French.

n : the parts of North and South America south of the United States where Romance languages (Spanish and Portuguese) are spoken [syn: Latin America]