Common Mistakes: Provider wars and clients "White Knights".

Maybe the motivation has nothing to do with any of the above, maybe it's psychologically motivated, here's my new theory. How many places can you anonymously stick up for someone you like?
Emily, you are a dear person. I mean that. I'm not saying your idea has no value. What I would suggest though is that what you imply above is more a rationalization for most 'WKs' than the true motivation for what they do.

What these guys are truly doing, under the pretension of coming to providers "defense" is seeking to protect a personal resource, and perhaps gain special status with that resource.

It is almost the way a junkie would come to the aid of a favorite pusher. "I got to protect my source, Man!" :)

I'm not saying 100% of the time. Just often enough that you really have to question it when you see it.

Again I am a charming guy.
You know, you sure 'sound' different in the threads where we discuss economics from how you 'sound' in these threads. I can shift from Ebonics into the Queen's very own English too. Just wouldn't come off as natural to the people who actually know me. [Well, it might depend on where they know me from.]

You can dress your language to impress, or lay it on the tip. Just don't lay it on too thick,
aight. :D

Peace!