Chasing away advertisers

billyS

Reign of Terror
On a side note BillyS has never ever been anything but a gent to me (and Malissa) at parties and in private (although you could have offered to help me carry the vacuum to my car;))
As I remember it I did offer but you got impatient and did it on your own.
BTW, I've been looking for your pantyless ass in the meat department at Waldbaums......Stop&Shop?

Glad you cleared that up about the party.....I hate when people throw out untrue accusations.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Seems not. So what's the point here? Just general perception about was is and what shall never be?
Read the first thread where I quoted Betty. She made several accusations I called her out on and she never backed them up.

After that we had the usual UG thread drift.

Read post # 10

Last edited:

franca

<color=pink>Silver</color>
I apologize if I have missed it in the interesting but lengthy posts that have been prompted here, but would someone be willing to be specific about the names/agencies, whatever of advertisers who have been chased away from here because of the posts of members? Thanks.
More likely, potential advertisers have been chased away. And other potential contributors.

Last edited:
No one can say anything against the almighty BillyS

Read the first thread where I quoted Betty. She made several accusations I called her out on and she never backed them up.

After that we had the usual UG thread drift.

Read post # 10
Or they will start to get nasty mails with threats on it.

That's the freedom of expression I have on UG...are you sending your goons after me Billy?

I don't like to be have people siding with Mr Billy then sending me threats.

So, I am contacting Slinky tonight and pulling my advertising from UG.

I don't need this shit just because I said something that goes against one of UG most 'respectable' members.

Last edited:

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
You know, I really have to say it's sort of rediculous to talk about a group of "UG insiders" who have access to all this "secret information" THAT EVEN I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO. So if they got it, it came from the person themselves, second hand, or whatever.

Moderators here do not have access to anyone's email adresses, etc. (at least not from some "Moderator privelege" on UG).

If you find vermeer's (or anyhone else's) posts offensive USE THE FUCKING IGNORE FUNCTION

was that not clear enough the last dozen or 4 times I've posted it? How about this:

USE THE FUCKING IGNORE FUNCTION

still don't get it?

not clear enough?

Slinky Bender

If you find vermeer's (or anyhone else's) posts offensive USE THE FUCKING IGNORE FUNCTION

was that not clear enough the last dozen or 4 times I've posted it? How about this:

still don't get it?

not clear enough?

Slinky Bender

still don't get it?

not clear enough?

Slinky Bender

still don't get it?

not clear enough?

Slinky Bender

still don't get it?

not clear enough?

billyS

Reign of Terror
Or they will start to get nasty mails with threats on it.

That's the freedom of expression I have on UG...are you sending your goons after me Billy?
I don't have goons. You are confusing me with someone else.

I never threatened anyone. We are having a discussion here. I am just reacting to what you wrote. Isn't that my freedom of speech?

You got me banned once and now you are trying to do it again with this post.

What is your problem?

I'm entitled to my opinion, yet I have kept it off the board. I have avoided you and talking about you for four years.

What I say or allegedly say about you OFF the board is my business. Now you want to control that too?

You know if you play the 'I'm pullling my ad because of Billy' that will get me banned, it worked once before.

I know that will make you and Seeker happy.

I've done nothing but expressed my opinion and asked you to back up what you posted.

I did not bash you or your looks.

Last edited:
what are you talking about?

I never went to Mr Bender and said I was going to pull my ads if you don't get banned. NEVER!

That's why you dislike me so much? Because you got banned in the past and think I was the one who did it?

Well, that's news to me and it had nothing to do with me at all. NOTHING.

You better get your information straight on this issue because I never complained to Slinky or made him to decide the fate of any of you.

So, please ask Mr Bender IF I ever asked him to take action against - not only you - but anyone else in this board.

I don't know who is Seeker - never met him and never discussed anything about you ro anyone else with him.

So you got that wrong too. Actually I don't know many of you either and I seldom interact with ANY of you.

Last edited:
Hey Slinky: ""I hate to do anything as dramatic as...."

Just curious:

{} On the one hand you say that people who are irritated by posts should just put the poster on ignore....

{} On the other you're telling people they should "get on board" and simply post 'more productively'....

If you're going to allow someone like Vermeer to post and are telling others to ignore him and post valuable information, why doesn't what applies to Vermeer apply to them? Or conversely; why doesn't what applies to those who dislike Vermeer apply to Vermeer?

If the posts from irritated posters irritate you, why don't you put them on ignore just like you say they should do Vermeer?

Am I the only one who sees the hypocrisy in your approach?

Or is it, once again, that racism is so god damn funny it must be permitted - even when it derails valuable threads that people like myself got something out of and contributed to - whereas people complaining about it is somehow more destructive to the community?

How about this Slinky:

If you find people who find vermeer's (or anyhone else's) posts offensive to be annoying USE THE FUCKING IGNORE FUNCTION

Same deal, right?

Slinky Bender

To put someone on your ignore list, you don't need to give a reason and placing people on your ignore list doesn't go to any "moderation queue" for approval.

If you want to ignore justlooking because he posts too much and is an Ass Kising Fluffer Boy, go right ahead. I think you can not ignore the moderator f the section you are posting in, however (and that makes sense).

Slinky Bender

Just curious:

{} On the one hand you say that people who are irritated by posts should just put the poster on ignore....

{} On the other you're telling people they should "get on board" and simply post 'more productively'....

If you're going to allow someone like Vermeer to post and are telling others to ignore him and post valuable information, why doesn't what applies to Vermeer apply to them? Or conversely; why doesn't what applies to those who dislike Vermeer apply to Vermeer?

If the posts from irritated posters irritate you, why don't you put them on ignore just like you say they should do Vermeer?

Am I the only one who sees the hypocrisy in your approach?

Or is it, once again, that racism is so god damn funny it must be permitted - even when it derails valuable threads that people like myself got something out of and contributed to - whereas people complaining about it is somehow more destructive to the community?
You know, this is EXACTLY the type of BULLSHIT I'm talking about. So guess what? You're the one that gets made the example of.

PS PLEASE go take a logic course.

I've followed this thread with a disappointing sense of deja vu, because it reminds me of other cases where an online community goes down the toilet. Is anyone here old enough to remember when usenet was relevant and information-packed?
Have others seen a bar, a social group, even an AA meeting go downhill? It's the same dynamic:
1. People hear a core member express concern and take it personally.
2. People recognize the problem, feel impotent, blame the victim
3. The quiet, less-committed majority see the writing on the wall and leave the sinking ship.

Slinky: I don't think betty's issue is simply her discomfort at vermeer's comments.
Billy: defending Vermeer as "honest" is missing the point. What has "honest" got to do with "fuckpig gook"

Advertisers: I've had two first hand comments:
2007: "sister of a very popular now retired girl says, ug are the best: the nicest, most reliable straightforward customers come from there"
2010: very successful owner of three NYC massage places: "I was interested in UG but the tone f the propel there just got to me. There are many assholes in this industry on every side of the fence, but I find I can be successful without working with assholes. Don't need the bad energy distracting my focus from what matters: keeping my customers and my girls happy.

Slinky Bender

Advertisers: I've had two first hand comments:
2007: "sister of a very popular now retired girl says, ug are the best: the nicest, most reliable straightforward customers come from there"
2010: very successful owner of three NYC massage places: "I was interested in UG but the tone f the propel there just got to me. There are many assholes in this industry on every side of the fence, but I find I can be successful without working with assholes. Don't need the bad energy distracting my focus from what matters: keeping my customers and my girls happy.
Well, since you have a lot of experince you well know the the POSTERS are not the good customers. It's always the lurkers hich are the good customers. And if a shop owner can't be bothered to "work" to make money, that is their choice, but it isn't a wise one. The simplest proof I can offer is the two of the top shops (if not THE two top shops) have had PLENTY of new business from UG

Hey, don't take what I write out of context.

What the fuck does honest have to do with being a bigot. If anything openly bigoted people are honest enough to tell you how they feel. If that's ("fuckpig gook") how he actually feels about overweight asians..... then he's being honest. That's a hell of a lot more than I can say about a lot of people here.