Changing Alias name

Mods or Slinky,
I've been trying to contact you guys via email, but seems like no one responds or reads any of the emails. Just wanted to get my alias changed on here... Is it possible?

Mods or Slinky,
I've been trying to contact you guys via email, but seems like no one responds or reads any of the emails. Just wanted to get my alias changed on here... Is it possible?
It is possible. I had set up my name 8 year prior when my kids were young and my name old name might have been recognized by my older kids. Stupidly unforseen at the time.

If you go back to my earlier posts, you will see ******* where the name usually is.

Just keep at badgering them, they will change it eventually.

It is possible. I had set up my name 8 year prior when my kids were young and my name old name might have been recognized by my older kids. Stupidly unforseen at the time.

If you go back to my earlier posts, you will see ******* where the name usually is.

Just keep at badgering them, they will change it eventually.
I didnt think your former handle was so unique that it could out you, but then again I thought it referred to something else, so that shows you how bright I am.

Last edited:
Does anyone even work here any more? Back in the day when I first joined this board, stuff was getting done pretty quick... Thank god, my life has not gone into crisis yet, but it can if it the mods don't help me out here.

Does anyone even work here any more? Back in the day when I first joined this board, stuff was getting done pretty quick... Thank god, my life has not gone into crisis yet, but it can if it the mods don't help me out here.
As a nine year veteran of UG, I hope the UG genie grants your wish. That said, here are some suggestions that you may not have undertaken already.

First, stop posting with that handle. Register for another handle. This might accomplish two things. One, it won't add to your posts under the handle you want to disappear. Two, if the registration process requires a confirmation email from UG (I don't remember the procedure), then it might give you an email address you can reply to about your problem.

Second, UG posts unfortunately will come up under internet searches. I did a dogpile search on your handle and 4 UG posts came up. Two of them were truncated, so they would not open on a link. But two did. And that would be enough for someone to discover you are a member here, if that is your concern. Maybe if a mod removed just the posts that are appearing, it would block any trace of your UG history. Alternately, you could try posting in other forums such that it would move any UG posts far back in the pages that come up under a search. It has been said that most people do not even go past the first page of an internet search.

As a nine year veteran of UG, I hope the UG genie grants your wish. That said, here are some suggestions that you may not have undertaken already.

First, stop posting with that handle. Register for another handle. This might accomplish two things. One, it won't add to your posts under the handle you want to disappear. Two, if the registration process requires a confirmation email from UG (I don't remember the procedure), then it might give you an email address you can reply to about your problem.

Second, UG posts unfortunately will come up under internet searches. I did a dogpile search on your handle and 4 UG posts came up. Two of them were truncated, so they would not open on a link. But two did. And that would be enough for someone to discover you are a member here, if that is your concern. Maybe if a mod removed just the posts that are appearing, it would block any trace of your UG history. Alternately, you could try posting in other forums such that it would move any UG posts far back in the pages that come up under a search. It has been said that most people do not even go past the first page of an internet search.
Thanks ValleyGuy... Yes, you are right.. the only thing I'm concern about is that after doing some internet search with my alias, I can see a few of my UG posts/reviews with my alias on it. I have a email I used to ask for requests in the past (and always got done). I guess the former staffs all got fired on here LOL.

Hey Mods or anybody that still cares about this site... can we possibly get the posts removed if i provide you the necessary info/links?