Cell phone safety

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Genius,
I know they used to do it on the New York State Thruway a long time ago from the time stamped tickets.

TheRicker i think tomorrow they afe lowering the speed limit to 25 mph through the 5 boros.

Genius,
I know they used to do it on the New York State Thruway a long time ago from the time stamped tickets.

TheRicker i think tomorrow they afe lowering the speed limit to 25 mph through the 5 boros.
I never got a speeding ticket even though I used to travel a bit the hinterlands on toll roads - would always stay same speed as truckers; I assumed they had to know what they were doing as their livelihood depended upon not too many tickets.

I used to think on non-toll roads (used to take 694/84 up to IBM a lot) that if you went same speed as the traffic flow especially in the middle of nowhere "What are they going to do - pull everyone over?" Well one day I saw (luckily for me in the opposite direction lanes) that they literally pulled everyone over - must have been 50 cars pulled over. I think this was about 5-10 miles S of where 694 meets 84 at the bottom of a long grade where the road curved around a mountain so you couldn't see it coming. I guess NYS had to pay for the troopers salaries somehow. I am a cynic - maybe just like the school zone speeding cameras - "it's all about safety".

Traffic already sucks in the 5 Boros, can't wait forever to become an eternity to get somewhere. Plus these bike lanes are a nuisance. And non of the bike riders follow traffic rules. I almost hit one every time I'm in the city.

FYI, I have been citi-biking to much of my mongering appointments. I can never get a cab the times I go btween 4 and 7, and the citi bike has saved my ass and got me there on time many times.