CBD oil

Does anyone have any experience using CBD oil for pain due to spinal stenosis?
I know of several people (guys only) who have progressed thru the various stages of spinal stenosis. All of these guys started having serious symptoms in their 60's. Initial treatments were steroid injections which were like magic and relieved symptoms for 6-8 months and then they got another shot. This went on for maybe 5 years with the periods of symptom relief decreasing until the shots no longer had any effect. Then they went for surgery and after recovery the symptoms were relived for 6-1o years.

They were all really smart guys and fully researched alternative treatments.

Not trying to be funny but I think that the treatments (shots , them surgery) were meant to supply relief until the person died of some other unrelated disease.

Although my sample size is small I think this is (alas) the current state of the art.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Well I must be pretty close to death then, because I've had three of those shots and two surgeries and I've had zero relief with things only getting worse after each of the above.

Well I must be pretty close to death then, because I've had three of those shots and two surgeries and I've had zero relief with things only getting worse after each of the above.
I'm sorry to hear that.

As I posted these guys each had spinal stenosis with shots every 6-8 months (initially relief was 8 months or so but this shorted quickly and max periods of shots allowed was every 6 months). When they started out they had relief from low back pain for almost the whole 6 months but after the next couple of years the duration of relief decreased until the shots had little effect and always carried a little folding chair with them to sit on to relive the pain. Each then had surgery with various levels of success. One guy had his surgery when he was about 70 (at Hospital for Special Surgery - had best guy there who had waiting list of many months and didn't accept Medicare payment so price was steep). Within a couple of months he was a new man, hiking with his wife and other physical activities he enjoyed before the onset of the disease. This lasted about 8 years or so and now the pain is returning although not as bad as before the surgery.

There's an implantable electro-stim product available now that requires precise placement. It stims the nerves until they don't respond anymore and you're out of pain.

I may know a group at Columbia that has suggestions when surgery doesn't work. It's more surgery, but it's laproscopic and involves shaving down the problem with lasers. Lasers are always the answer!

I feel ur pain S. CBD oil is a natural anti inflammatory and analgesic. Very similar to turmeric. I have multiple crushed vertebrae (due to a VERY large building falling on me) and have tried almost everything. Stenosis is usually a natural calcification of the nerve canal (super simplified) so any remedy will address the symptom but not cause. I have found the ingested cbd is no different than a Celebrex. However the topical balm seems to have a good longer lasting effect, close to 8 hrs , on the afflicted area. What ointment suggests is akin to a permanent TENS machine. At this point they are not very practical. They limit most physical activity. Unfortunately very little for pain relief if surgeries haven’t helped. U have to find what works for u. I find a multi tiered approach works for me. A little cannabis for the day and opioids and booze for the pm have made thing tolerable for me. Plus soak in a jacuzzi as often as possible. Good luck and keep us informed on ur findings.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I have a TENS BUT haven't had any luck with it. Where do you place the electrodes? On the spot you're having the pain or on spine?

I have a TENS BUT haven't had any luck with it. Where do you place the electrodes? On the spot you're having the pain or on spine?
Don’t know what kind of tens u have but try to put the point of pain in the middle of the electrodes. Some have 2 electrodes others have 4. Use a moist heat in tandem with the tens. I never really got long lasting relief just instant relief. Kinda like a massage without the ending. Good luck.