Cassatedde a Sicilian pastry for Easter time in NYC???

I know many people are familar with sfingi and cassata for St. Joseph's but I'm looking for a ricotta turnover/tart deep fried with sugar on top. They are very small and have the chocolate chips in the ricotta cream on the inside.

Its the zeppole on a whole nother level. Incredible. There was a guy who owned a cafe that made them from scratch in the spring but closed up shop.

Please tell me someone has had these and know where they make them?

Brings back memories, haven't had them in 45+ years since my Nonna stopped making them. I'll have to get over to Ferdinando's. Thanks both for the question and answer!!!

I know many people are familar with sfingi and cassata for St. Joseph's but I'm looking for a ricotta turnover/tart deep fried with sugar on top. They are very small and have the chocolate chips in the ricotta cream on the inside.

Its the zeppole on a whole nother level. Incredible. There was a guy who owned a cafe that made them from scratch in the spring but closed up shop.

Please tell me someone has had these and know where they make them?
Wow just when you think your the only one eating this weird Italian food!! My aunts usually bring these for the holidays, any holidays i just had them for the 4 of July and when my aunt pulls everyone knocks each other over to help her out of the car! they always come back to the party licking the sugar from there fingers!