Cars I want

I would love to have back some of the muscle cars I had when I was a teenager. Either the 1969 427 camaro convertible or the 400 firebird. Fastest I had was the 427 Camaro right out of factory. That car would jump off the ground out of the hole. Wound up wrecking it showing off one night but oh what a sweet car.

Vegas Jim:
A buddy of mine had a 427 Camaro that he would let me drive. I used to let him drive my 66 427 vette. The freaken Camaro would always scare the shit out of me, but I always went back for more.
By the way, I still have 65 vette with a built 350 (dynoed at 430 hp), that I still screw around with along with a couple of Street Rods.
Oh the days gone bye and American Muscle.
Ciscook

Originally posted by ciscook
Vegas Jim:
A buddy of mine had a 427 Camaro that he would let me drive. I used to let him drive my 66 427 vette. The freaken Camaro would always scare the shit out of me, but I always went back for more.
By the way, I still have 65 vette with a built 350 (dynoed at 430 hp), that I still screw around with along with a couple of Street Rods.
Oh the days gone bye and American Muscle.
Ciscook
Yes I also miss those times and also that car. That car was so so sweet and the power was scary. Came out of a bar one night with my steady and decided to show off in front of my friends. Nailed it and lost control and wound up inside a hardware store. One hurt thank God as store was closed but car wrecked and to say that dad was unhappy was an understatement as he was paying insurance and I payed for car.

Last edited:
My fav car was my 58 corvette, too bad i sold it when i got married and moved to fla with no place to store it.
now my play toy is a 86 mustang gt with a gently massaged 5.0, best times were in the low 12's.

Antnee:
Nice ride with good times.
My problem with my vette, is that I can't get a big enough tire under the stock body. It gives me serious wheelhop in first and second and I have to short shift it. Best time 13.1, 101 mph.
In 1970/1973 I ran a Super Stock I 340 Duster, My girlfriend was the driver.
We ran at all NJ, NY, and Pa. tracks. At one point in 1971 we were 3rd in points in Division 1. We ran out of money and finished out of the top ten.
Best time 12.5 106mph.
Throught out the years, I always had what I would call the "equalizer"in my garage.
One my streetrods is 32 ford with a very warmed 350 with a 671 blower on it. If you remember the old Disney rides, this is my E ticket.can't run it, it won't pass tech but can give you a real good scare.
Helps me keep my sanity.
Ciscook

Ciscook
Hoosier makes a "street legal" tire so you won't need to go too big.
On another side of the subject what car did anyone first have sex in.
67 Nova SS here and it actually had a good sized back seat.
The car not her.

Antnee:
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately that the tire I am running. The god damn motor is just to strong. I'm considering the pro street route with a 9" ford rear. I just would hate to cut up the car, but I have had it for 18 years and don't think I will ever part with it.
The first car I got layed in was a 57 Chevy.
Ciscook