Cars I want

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
Porsche 911T

The car of my "youth" in bright orange.

http://www.porsches.8m.net/911t71.htm

Body and handling of a Porsche, but an engine that wasn't so complicated that you needed a degree in computer science to open the hood. The "T" model had gears for in town driving - you could keep high revs running in third gear that would let you switch lanes on a thought. Yet it had plenty of muscle for the open road. I once drove from Houston TX to Seattle WA (3300 miles) in 55 hours elapsed time, stops and sleeping included. (Get on 10 heading west, when you get to LA take a right.)

XLR

That's a beautiful car. Especially in the silver. $75K is a lot to spend on a car though.... well for most of us, I read that the 99 Neiman Marcus XLR's that went on sale on 10/15 sold out in a record 14 minutes.

I want the Aston Martin that James Bond drove in Goldfinger complete with all of the options.

Of course the modern Aston Martin Vanquish doesn't suck either...

The only car that may be untouchable in this thread, so far, is the Goldfinger Aston, the others seem to be within reach, well the Gullwing might be a bit on the high end.

It was supposed to be @$95,000, but as of late I believe its closer to $125,000. I think they're waiting to see the demand. I really want to get this car, my partner leases a CL500 through our company, so its not out of the question. I just don't know if my conscience will allow me to spend $1700 a month on a car. It just seems wrong. (thats my wife whispering in mt ear.)

Last edited:
Originally posted by mitchmaxx
It was supposed to be @$95,000, but as of late I believe its closer to $125,000. I think they're waiting to see the demand. I really want to get this car, my partner leases a CL500 through our company, so its not out of the question. I just don't know if my conscience will allow me to spend $1700 a month on a car. It just seems wrong. (thats my wife whispering in mt ear.)
I never thought I'd spend $3,500 a month on an apartment...

the car that i want

(don't care the make, model, or age, but)

one that delivers a new provider of my choice every monday who will take care of all my needs during the course of that week until the following monday morning.

Ferrari 330GT California......

last I saw one advertised for sale was about 10 or 15 years ago in the Robb Report (located in Florida, of course)....purple (ugh) and the seller was seeking the paltry sum of $1.25 million.......

OK - Cars that I have

I still have my first car in a garage for use on sunny and warm days.

1967 Dodge Coronet 440 (Think of it as a Charger with 4 doors). It was originally marketed as a polceman's special. It has the cop shocks, extra big brake drums, etc.

The beautiful thing about it is that the only pollution control in a PCV valve. So basically there is no pollution control on the car. Get in, fire it up, tickle the gas pedal and hold on to your lunch.

I still want my James Bond-mobile though........