Careful at Lakeland inn

The parking stickers are linked to specific cars and plate #s so it would be possible to use the plate # to see if it's associated with a sticker.
In theory.
However when I got my parking sticker it came in the mail. So if I gave it to a nonresident he could put it on his car.

As far as them cross referencing the sticker against the plate —maybe. I would think (just guessing here) that they are more concerned with having a sticker on the car and if the vehicle doesn’t have one, using the plate # to send a ticket. So they really don't have to establish a data base of stickers and plates. Note that the application for the permits are done on a paper form that's mailed into the town/village with (and most important IMHO) your check.

Note that for my beach sticker, the girl (always a girl for some reason) puts it on my car so giving it to a non-resident isn’t possible.

In theory.
However when I got my parking sticker it came in the mail. So if I gave it to a nonresident he could put it on his car.

As far as them cross referencing the sticker against the plate —maybe. I would think (just guessing here) that they are more concerned with having a sticker on the car and if the vehicle doesn’t have one, using the plate # to send a ticket. So they really don't have to establish a data base of stickers and plates. Note that the application for the permits are done on a paper form that's mailed into the town/village with (and most important IMHO) your check.

Note that for my beach sticker, the girl (always a girl for some reason) puts it on my car so giving it to a non-resident isn’t possible.
My town required a copy of the vehicle registration as well as a utility bill to verify residency.
If I gave the sticker to a non-resident their plate would not be in the database and they would be caught.

My town required a copy of the vehicle registration as well as a utility bill to verify residency.
If I gave the sticker to a non-resident their plate would not be in the database and they would be caught.
Yup, but as I posted "application for the permits are done on a paper form that's mailed". That does not mean that the data on the paper form is entered into a database and if they did entered it does not mean that software exists to match the sticker against the plate when they drive up and down the lots as it is very obvious when a vehicle in the lot doesn't have a sticker. Non-residents obtaining stickers may not be a problem whereas anyone who paid good money for a sticker driving around a full lot looking for a spot would be pissed if he saw a lot of spots filled with vehicles w/o stickers. Politicians do not want pissed off residents.

All of this is conjecture and could easily be resolved by a member of UG who knows the process used.

All of these past couple of posts are about We Ones post about the private investigator with plate readers on a couple of cars that he uses to ID scofflaws. Scofflaws can have 1000's of $ of unpaid fines and are worth going after — I'm not so sure that going after a paid for sticker that was given to a non-resident is much of a problem (read: "much of a problem" as lost $ for the town that could be found).
As a point of reference parking stickers are $20/yr and $10/year for seniors. in Township of Oyster Bay.

Yup, but as I posted "application for the permits are done on a paper form that's mailed". That does not mean that the data on the paper form is entered into a database and if they did entered it does not mean that software exists to match the sticker against the plate when they drive up and down the lots as it is very obvious when a vehicle in the lot doesn't have a sticker. Non-residents obtaining stickers may not be a problem whereas anyone who paid good money for a sticker driving around a full lot looking for a spot would be pissed if he saw a lot of spots filled with vehicles w/o stickers. Politicians do not want pissed off residents.

All of this is conjecture and could easily be resolved by a member of UG who knows the process used.

All of these past couple of posts are about We Ones post about the private investigator with plate readers on a couple of cars that he uses to ID scofflaws. Scofflaws can have 1000's of $ of unpaid fines and are worth going after — I'm not so sure that going after a paid for sticker that was given to a non-resident is much of a problem (read: "much of a problem" as lost $ for the town that could be found).
As a point of reference parking stickers are $20/yr and $10/year for seniors. in Township of Oyster Bay.
Also could be banks that hire companies to reposes un paid car loans... I know for a fact that they drive around mall parking lots looking.

My license plate is printed in the middle of the sticker. The sticker comes in a c-fold mailer similar to checks and dmv registration. Printed on the mailer is mon transferrable. My town has marked code enforcement vehciles/officers to enforce the parking permit policies. I know this as I once transferred sticker from old car to new car without letting town know and I started to get tickets in the commuter lot even though I had a current parking sticker on the window..

...... My town has marked code enforcement vehciles/officers to enforce the parking permit policies. I know this as I once transferred sticker from old car to new car without letting town know and I started to get tickets in the commuter lot even though I had a current parking sticker on the window..
That certainly answers the question.
As I posted "All of this is conjecture and could easily be resolved by a member of UG who knows the process used" and your experience trumps my conjecture.

Genius: Did you know that on weekdays, excluding holidays, beginning in the year in which you turn 62, you can go to any NYS park or beach free?
yup - and NYS arboretums (Cutting Arboretum in Oakdale comes to mind). And did you know that libraries have passes (all ages) for entrance and sometimes even parking to many places, for example NY Botanical (formally Bronx Botanical)?
Also parking stickers to town beaches (Town Oyster Bay is free) and town and village LIRR lots have greatly reduced 62+ rates, for Town Oyster Bay you need a one time ID card ($25) and after that stickers are free.

Also, I always get my senior coffee for 87¢ total at McD's on my way to Flushing on Sunday morning — pretty good coffee that I drink black — I prefer it to Starbucks, and when you drink it after taking some "V" enhances stomach absorption time. Probably other discounts there also but I don't eat their food so I 'm not totally sure. I know that Wendy's gives discount for food (I only buy their chili — very good if you like chili — the only fast food I eat.)

Fairway Market gives 6% off on Tues and Weds for 62+ — just ask when you are at checkout.

Ps. If you are taking "V" do so on an empty stomach (food) until an hour after you take it.