Careful at Lakeland inn

I got pulled over right after seeing a provider there. Cops claimed they smelled weed and used that to search my car. Lucky I was clean so they found nothing. But they are definitely watching that place currently.

They watching that place for awhile off and on the issue is not much the providers but locals hanging out there since it cheap rate and cold outside

That place been hot for a long time. I've even posted about it a while back.
From what I understand (and others have posted here about being harassed by LE) with just about all the low end motels they are looking for drugs not prostitution. So if you go there maybe park somewhere else and walk (I used to park in Walmart lot when I used to go to the Americana - so they could search me but not my car).

If you feel the need to park in the motel lot (or perhaps the girl wants to see your car drive up before she gives you the room #) just make sure everything is up to date on your car (inspec sticker, reg's, good tires, all lights working, etc) and above all do not have anything illegal in your car or on your person. Don't even think about parking in lot if you have a suspended license or a pile of unpaid parking tickets.

From what I understand (and others have posted here about being harassed by LE) with just about all the low end motels they are looking for drugs not prostitution. So if you go there maybe park somewhere else and walk (I used to park in Walmart lot when I used to go to the Americana - so they could search me but not my car).

If you feel the need to park in the motel lot (or perhaps the girl wants to see your car drive up before she gives you the room #) just make sure everything is up to date on your car (inspec sticker, reg's, good tires, all lights working, etc) and above all do not have anything illegal in your car or on your person. Don't even think about parking in lot if you have a suspended license or a pile of unpaid parking tickets.
The one time I went to the Lakeland I parked in the diner and walked across the street. ( when I go to sayville and i think it is not ok I park on the side street and walk) I agree make sure everything is ok with car even if you do not frequent motels and such

Not sure exactly where to throw this but im sitting in the lot of the holiday inn in Plainview waiting for a friend and im seeing state troopers walking in and out the place like if their staying there. First there was one of those dot looking type vans then they left then a trooper with a suburban parks and pulls out a key card to go inside the hotel. Maybe they set up shop here for their truck check points of exit 48 on the 495 not sure. Just some intel on this spot.

Yeah the drug thing was my guess, especially with the comments about smelling weed. I don't smoke and didn't smell any at the provider so they were using that as an excuse to search.

Not sure exactly where to throw this but im sitting in the lot of the holiday inn in Plainview waiting for a friend and im seeing state troopers walking in and out the place like if their staying there. First there was one of those dot looking type vans then they left then a trooper with a suburban parks and pulls out a key card to go inside the hotel. Maybe they set up shop here for their truck check points of exit 48 on the 495 not sure. Just some intel on this spot.
The troopers brought extra guys in from around the state DOT is doing a 72 hour blitz. They are kicking it into overdrive, harassing trucks. All these bullshit DOT violations are just a cash grab

Repeating this for my NNJ brethren. End of the year budget season must be here: No less than 4 set-ups as I travel around each day. Thanks to them I found out that my daily driver and one other car were expired reg's. ( I gotta get better at keeping up ). Both long speeches about "I could impound this vehicle, etc. etc. ) then a Payable Offense ticket, and instructions to just go online tonight and take care of this so you don't forget. Two different towns, miles and miles apart, almost the same speech word for word. Must be "talking points" circulating. Also, the last officer neglected to return my reg. so I called the precinct. The DESK OFFICER said " why don't you come down here and take care of this, and meanwhile we'll check the property records and will return your reg to you in person. Come the F on!!!! <rant over, still pissed, but going to drink away the anger :) > MMNYC

...... Thanks to them I found out that my daily driver and one other car were expired reg's. ( I gotta get better at keeping up ). .....
If you plan to monger indeed you do. They also check to see if your plate has been altered or covered in a manner that would interfere with plate scanners at toll bridges and traffic cameras. This is true everywhere now as one monger here on LI said cop gave him a ticket for such.

FYI, if you ever park in any of the boroughs you can also run into $ trouble with expired reg's & inspec and I assume altered or covered plates. The traffic enforcement cops, when walking around, not only check out parking rules but also regs and inspection stickers. I've seen them writing ticking on Sundays in areas where parking rules are suspended. I've even seen them walking under the I678 were I park when I go to Flushing and saw them looking at the sticker area of windshields and occasionally writing tickets. I assume these are for expired regs and inspection stickers as there are no hydrants, alt side rules etc. as the area is literally just a free for all parking. I've even seen a car booted there.

I guess I could "Come the F on!!!! <rant over, still pissed, but going to drink away the anger :) > MMNYC" but I just find it easier and cheaper to just keep up with all that crap.

Not at all wrong, You're a Genius :). Sometimes life just gets ahead of me. Happy to report everything is up to date with reminders set on my e-naggers. :)
Before I came south for the winter, I saw a regular car, not a typical police cruiser, with 4 license plate readers- 2 on roof and 2 on trunk - just driving up and down the aisles of the LIRR parking lots looking for expired plates. Not police but code enforcement.

Before I came south for the winter, I saw a regular car, not a typical police cruiser, with 4 license plate readers- 2 on roof and 2 on trunk - just driving up and down the aisles of the LIRR parking lots looking for expired plates. Not police but code enforcement.
I don't know about "driving up and down the aisles of the LIRR parking lots looking for expired plates " but some of the villages/townships use the type of method you describe to check for valid LIRR Parking Lot Stickers and if there isn’t one will need the license plate # for lookup as to where to send the ticket.

I don't know about "driving up and down the aisles of the LIRR parking lots looking for expired plates " but some of the villages/townships use the type of method you describe to check for valid LIRR Parking Lot Stickers and if there isn’t one will need the license plate # for lookup as to where to send the ticket.
My friend has a Private Investigator business and has two cars set up with license plate readers. Towns , villages hire him to find scofflaws and then send someone out to put wheel locks on them till the summonses are paid, i doubt they are looking for expired parking permits. Maybe looking fo cars that have many summonses for parking without a valid permit .They read license plates not parking permits.