Buy shares of Citigroup Inc.

Today AIG went up 20% while Citigroup went up 38%, but if you look at the five year historical stock price chart AIG normally ranged between $70 and $60 per, while Citigroup averaged out at between $45 and $55 per. AIG closed at 42 cents today, if you plan to buy and hold for awhile, AIG is the better investment.

Something tells me that you will have to wait a lot longer before AIG become profitable again, and I don't really understand just how the insurance game works, anyone out there who does?

Along with wondering if AIG is a good stock buy now, I am also wondering if I would go back to work there since I am recently out of work as of last week. I didn't actually work for them, I consulted to them in 2 locations in NJ. A recruiter I met with on Monday said one of those locations has a lot of accounting issues and a need for consultants, something that was prevalent when I was there 3 years ago.

I thought about buying Citi a couple of weeks ago at something like 1.40. Of coarse I waited, and I just bought a couple thousand shares for 3.04. After reading this thread, why not. I bought GE. Maybe I should buy AIG like someone else mentioned. Of coarse, I am buying these for very long term investments.

I heard that the Mets will no longer have Bat Day or Hat Day, instead those selected home games at Citifield will now feature Stock Day. Now instead of getting a free baseball bat or free baseball cap, you will get a free Citigroup stock which at $2.74 is cheaper then a baseball bat or cap.