But I'm $400

There are just some people who are clueless about money and logic.

Example 1.
Me: nice apartment. how do you afford it.
Her: Yeah, I pay the whole rent out my money from my salary.
Me: I didn't know that your job paid that well
Her: Well it doesn't pay well but my father helps me with my car payment, insurance and some other expenses.
Me: So actually you do not really afford it.
Her: Sure I do, like I said I pay the rent with the money form my salary.
Me: Do you know what the term fungible means?
her: No
Me: I didn't think so.

Example 2 (a very intelligent in technology) friend.
Me: so how is it going.
Him: Pretty good, although I just took my RMD the other day and most of it went to pay taxes. Depressing.
Me: Do you take QCD? (Qualified Charitable Distributions). You said you give a lot to Charity.
Him: No, I itemize so my charities (around $12K), mortgage and property deductions come to more $2000 more than the standard deduction of $25,900.
Me: yeah, but if you took the standard deduction of $25,900 and the QCD you would reduce your total taxable income by $12K and come out ahead.
Him: Yeah, it would reduce my taxable income, but then I wouldn't be able to deduct it as Charitable deductions.

I do not understand how some can be so smart in their professional capacity and have no financial acumen, or ability to make a logical decision ( see example above)

I do not understand how some can be so smart in their professional capacity and have no financial acumen, or ability to make a logical decision ( see example above)
There is an emotional component to money. Which is why some salespeople can be so successful. Things like "limited time only", "special offer only for you", etc. can create a FOMO (fear of missing out) and drive you to take the offer.

I am sure all of us have made a foolish finical decision based on emotion at one time. I know I have. The trick is to learn from it and recognize when it is happening again.

Her: $250/hr - I offer massage, bbbj, daty, 69, cfs

Me: How is that a dealio?

Her: I charge $450 on tryst

Me: But you just said you will be getting 150...

Her: Yeah but through the agency it's $300.
Just thought I would offer!
Like I would come to you for $250

I have no issue following her logic. If you were to pay for her anywhere else it would be $450 or $300. She offered you $250. That is a deal for you. What she nets has nothing to do with your deal.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I have no issue following her logic. If you were to pay for her anywhere else it would be $450 or $300. She offered you $250. That is a deal for you. What she nets has nothing to do with your deal.
Nice try but totally incorrect. Firstly, it was put forward as a "thank you" when it was nothing of the sort. We're supposed to be something (friends? Associates? Whatever). If I was just another trick then fine. But that's not the case. Truth be told, she should be doing SOMETHING for me to return the favor. But this was simply a naked grab for business cloaked as some return favor.

Secondly, due to my decades long relationship (why do you think I send them prospects?) I don't pay the house side. So if I were to see her at this place I would pay a total of $150. So her "delio" is for me to pay her $100 more per hour than if I were to see her at the place I got her a job at. Hardly any kind of "thank you." But I've gone through this for decades so I try to just laugh it off when people in this business think the return for favors I do for them is that I should do them more favors. And to be there's if she actually thinks paying her $250 to do a session with her is a favor then she is just as delusional as I thought to start this thread.

Remember, I'm not one of you guys. I've been supply side for over 40 years. Don't try to use the same rules for me as some rando .

And it seems pretty obvious she's not getting $450 or she wouldn't have taken this gig. Pretty much everyone is complaining to be about how slow business is. And she forgets how a much lower number slides trippingly off her tongue when she meets guys in the same place I met her.