But I'm $400

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Back when I was running one of my outcall places, I was "strictly private" in the we did no public advertising and only took new clients by referral. As such, I kept reasonably extensive records on my clients: how often they called, what they liked and didn't like, what days and times they called; all that stuff. A lot of these guys had variable incomes (stock brokers, business owners, etc.), so sometimes they would go on tears and sometimes I would not hear from them for a while. If a guy was a good, regular customer, but fell off the radar, I would call to see what was going on (Did I screw up and he's pissed off? Did he stop "doing this"?). Remember, this was a private deal, and these guys expected calls from me, so it wasn't the same as some OTR agency cold calling today. I would regularly call these guys to tell them about a new girl who I thought they might like, or even to offer them tickets to converts or sporting events which I new they were interested in (one of my office mates was a ticket broker).

Well, the following happened a number of times: I call a guy who hasn't been heard from in a few months:

Me: "Fred, how are you? I haven't heard from you in a while, is everything ok?"
Fred: "The market is killing me. I love your girls, but I'm short on cash."

Note: At that time, we were "high end" at $400 and hour

Me:" Sorry to hear that Fred. You know you are one of my best guys and I'd like to help you out. How about if I send you one of my girls, but I'll eat my end of the fee so it will be half price?"
Fred:"Really? You'd do that? How are you going to make any money?"
Me:"By keeping good customers like you. Who would you like to see?".
Fred:"Is Jennifer still working with you? I loved her."
Me:"No problem"
Fred:"Tomorrow, my place 8PM?"
Me: "You got it"

Then:

Me:"Hi, Jen"
J:"Hi, daddy"
Me:"I told you I hate that"
J:"Yes, daddy"
Me:"Fuck you"
J:"I keep waiting for that"
Me:"Enough already"
J:"Ok, daddy"
Me:"You remember Fred?"
J:"Yeah, what happened to him? I need his money"
Me:"You're seeing him tomorrow at 8PM"
J:"Good, I need an easy appointment"
Me:"OK, here's the deal. He's had some financial setbacks, so instead of taking $400 from him and bringing me back my $200, he's going to give you $200 and you keep all of it"
J:"Ummmmmm.........."
Me:"Um, what?"
J:"I can't do that"
Me:"Why not?"
J:"I get $400"
Me:"No, you get $200 and I get $200. You're getting what you always get"
J:"You don't understand"
Me:"What don't I understand?"

You see, it's not just the money she walks away with. The money represents a lot of things, one of which is her sense of self value / self worth. And her place in the pecking order is that she's a "$400 an hour girl" (which at that point in time was the equivalent of a $1,200 an hour girl today). It's not always the actual money; sometimes it's what the money represents.

Slinky: a marketing genius, yet life is filled with irony. Besides the points you mention, don’t you think there is and element of selfishness in that “J” did not have a sense of empathy? Moreover, is it not true that there are still very few providers etc... who can adjust prices based on marketing condition for profit maximization? Thanks for the great life story.

Slinky: a marketing genius, yet life is filled with irony. Besides the points you mention, don’t you think there is and element of selfishness in that “J” did not have a sense of empathy? Moreover, is it not true that there are still very few providers etc... who can adjust prices based on marketing condition for profit maximization? Thanks for the great life story.
But I believe the point was that she really didn't need to adjust anything other than the fact that the session total went down that one time. It was purely a psychological reaction since the $ in her pocket after all was said and done would have been the same. The only thing selfish about it was that she chose to protect her fragile ego rather than let it go and let Fred have have some fun.

Welcome back Slink

For years I worked as a computer consultant,
If you where paid $100 a hr you where a $100 a hr consultant
If you charged $20 you where a $20 a hr consultant.

you are worth what you THINK your worth, and on the same thought
what if your guy bragged he only paid $200 for Jen, the next guy says to Jen
"hey babe you charged $200 to some other guy, why you charging me $400?"

Barnabas

Thankyou, I enjoyed that.

So Ill get smashed right now by alot of people here, but, this is the reason why some whores can only suck dick and shouldnt attempt to manage themselves.
and I didnt miss the point of what she felt was her value, but whoring is a business, and PR work is very important in any business.

Last edited:
Back when I was running one of my outcall places, I was "strictly private" in the we did no public advertising and only took new clients by referral. As such, I kept reasonably extensive records on my clients: how often they called, what they liked and didn't like, what days and times they called; all that stuff. A lot of these guys had variable incomes (stock brokers, business owners, etc.), so sometimes they would go on tears and sometimes I would not hear from them for a while. If a guy was a good, regular customer, but fell off the radar, I would call to see what was going on (Did I screw up and he's pissed off? Did he stop "doing this"?). Remember, this was a private deal, and these guys expected calls from me, so it wasn't the same as some OTR agency cold calling today. I would regularly call these guys to tell them about a new girl who I thought they might like, or even to offer them tickets to converts or sporting events which I new they were interested in (one of my office mates was a ticket broker).

Well, the following happened a number of times: I call a guy who hasn't been heard from in a few months:

Me: "Fred, how are you? I haven't heard from you in a while, is everything ok?"
Fred: "The market is killing me. I love your girls, but I'm short on cash."

Note: At that time, we were "high end" at $400 and hour

Me:" Sorry to hear that Fred. You know you are one of my best guys and I'd like to help you out. How about if I send you one of my girls, but I'll eat my end of the fee so it will be half price?"
Fred:"Really? You'd do that? How are you going to make any money?"
Me:"By keeping good customers like you. Who would you like to see?".
Fred:"Is Jennifer still working with you? I loved her."
Me:"No problem"
Fred:"Tomorrow, my place 8PM?"
Me: "You got it"

Then:

Me:"Hi, Jen"
J:"Hi, daddy"
Me:"I told you I hate that"
J:"Yes, daddy"
Me:"Fuck you"
J:"I keep waiting for that"
Me:"Enough already"
J:"Ok, daddy"
Me:"You remember Fred?"
J:"Yeah, what happened to him? I need his money"
Me:"You're seeing him tomorrow at 8PM"
J:"Good, I need an easy appointment"
Me:"OK, here's the deal. He's had some financial setbacks, so instead of taking $400 from him and bringing me back my $200, he's going to give you $200 and you keep all of it"
J:"Ummmmmm.........."
Me:"Um, what?"
J:"I can't do that"
Me:"Why not?"
Me:"No, you get $200 and I get $200. You're getting what you always get"
J:"You don't understand"
Me:"What don't I understand?"

You see, it's not just the money she walks away with. The money represents a lot of things, one of which is her sense of self value / self worth. And her place in the pecking order is that she's a "$400 an hour girl" (which at that point in time was the equivalent of a $1,200 an hour girl today). It's not always the actual money; sometimes it's what the money represents.
Actually, I totally understand her way of thinking of not diluting her brand. You could have circumvented this by having a Mail-In-Rebate kind of setup where Fred would have gotten a $200 Cash back later.

Two missing elements...

It is a great triangle of a kind of behavior that is vanishing with time, when men were gentlemen and providers considered price as symbolic value as well.

Two more elements would have made this story a perfect monument of ideal behavior in industry:

1 - The client too despite the generous offer in the end decides to pay the entire $400 (after all he TOO is "a $400 gentleman").
2 - The manager tells the provider to ask for $200, but as a favor to the client, without disclosing to her his momentary financial difficulties. The client remains high in the eyes of the provider, which could be to him as important as the $200 discount.

Yeah. That's Slinky Bender's point.

I don't even think he meant to portray Jennifer as necessarily stupid.

I think he just meant to give us some insight into the way some women view the price component of this work.

Exactly.

Not everyone can be a top-shelf provider. But, that said, there's a fine line between those who can command top dollar and those who get considerably less. It's a slippery slope.

...You see, it's not just the money she walks away with. The money represents a lot of things, one of which is her sense of self value / self worth. And her place in the pecking order is that she's a "$400 an hour girl" (which at that point in time was the equivalent of a $1,200 an hour girl today). It's not always the actual money; sometimes it's what the money represents.
And that's the point. It doesn't matter how the pie is cut amongst manufacturer, distributor, retailer...the item has a certain value no matter who's collecting the fee.

Vineyards don't sell their wine cheaper than the stores because they don't want to compete with their distribution network. That bottle of wine has a certain value no matter whose selling it.

I understand Jen's attitude.