Brunch/Lunch ideas in Manhattan...

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
I am taking a very charming Colombiana out this Sunday and, of course, have to head into Manhattan. It's our first "official" date, so I'd like to do something cool.

You guys got any suggestions for this Sunday? It'll be a beautiful day and there will be a lot of great things to do. But, I come to you guys here on UG, hat in hand, begging for some very decent suggestions, ones that will make me look kind of "cool".

Thanks you very much in advance.
Sincerely,
Gavy

The Waterclub has a nice brunch buffet and if you like the feel of eating on a boat you get that added swishing sound.

If you want a taste of the South then head over to Old Devil Moon in alphabet city. Not much for ambience but the food is great and you can get real grits.

Jacques-Imo's on Columbus and 77th (I think) is nice. It's got good food and a decent laid back atmosphere. The prices are a bit high for what you get but then I like it cause it's a good location. You can go on a nice walk in Central Park or head into the museum. Window shopping and stroll along the neighborhood. I've used this as a place to start a brunch date too but I usually save brunch dates for the 2nd or 3rd date.