Best Korean Restaurant

Try the one in Flushing

DaiDaiLun said:
Kum Gang San in K-Town (they also have a location flushing)
I like the one in Flushing better. Plenty of parking in the back and there's a nice little authentic Korean waterway with fishes in it. Even thought the menu and food selection is pretty much the same, I like the service and food better in Flushing.

Last edited:
There is a All-You-Can-Eat Korean BBQ on northern blvd. It's about maybe 5 or 6 blocks from the Kum Gang San. It's pretty good for the price (17.99?) if you like korean BBQ. I've been there a few times and always end up breaking out with pimples the next day and a massive gout attack.

DaiDaiLun said:
There is a All-You-Can-Eat Korean BBQ on northern blvd. It's about maybe 5 or 6 blocks from the Kum Gang San. It's pretty good for the price (17.99?) if you like korean BBQ. I've been there a few times and always end up breaking out with pimples the next day and a massive gout attack.
I know that place, but dont go on a weekday, cuz the food is not as fresh. If you go on a weekend its busier, but the food is alot fresher.

No All-You-Can-Eat-Korean for me

ZagatMP said:
I know that place, but dont go on a weekday, cuz the food is not as fresh. If you go on a weekend its busier, but the food is alot fresher.
I'd avoid the all-you-can-eat place on Northern (I believe it's between 149th & 150th Street). Let's just say my friends and I got food poisoning from there on two separate occasions. It took two trips to the emergency room after eating there before we decided not to go back.

Best Korean barbecue I've been to was in Palisades Park, NJ just across the GWB.

Outstanding bulgoki on the real hot charcoals, not those awful frying pans they use in Little Korea, NYC.

So Moon Nan Jib or something like that. Anyone know the place I'm talking about?

Charcoal

the real hot charcoals, not those awful frying pans they use in Little Korea, NYC.
I went to a charcoal K-BQ place in Flushing (N'thrn Blvd. near Main) a few years ago, but it's since gone out of business. Anyplace in Queens or Manhattan that actually uses charcoal (real hot or otherwise)?

franca

<color=pink>Silver</color>
Kum Gang San in K-Town (they also have a location flushing)
Never been to the one in Flushing, but I rather like Kum Gang San. At my most recent visit with a couple girlfriends, I noticed they started selling their kimchee by the huge bucket to take home. I would have bought some, but I had a date later, and I thought it might seem weird to walk into his hotel room with a gallon of kimchee.