Beginner's question

Hey all,
Where can I learn about etiquite/phrases at these massage places?
Where can I find out what I need to say, when I need to say, to get what I want?

Any recomendations for a first timer?

Thanks.

Okay.

This is a personal list with me. Others will disagree. Take what I say with a big grain of salt and see if it makes sense to you.

#Always show up as clean as you can be. It shows consideration, even though you're going to be offered a shower (and you're going to accept it).
#Either the girl or the mamasan will collect the door fee. Try not to give up the fee until you either 1) get a line-up of the available girls, or 2) Like the girl you're offered. Don't give up the tip unless you already know and like the girl.
#You will generally be offered a shower, which is usually a table shower, "TS," a shower on a vinyl covered table. Accept it, even if you just came out of your own shower. The girl wants to be sure you're clean, especially if she offers the treat known as "Asian." If she scrubs your asshole very vigorously, you're probably going to find out what Asian is. BTW, watch her water the table before you lay down on it and check the temperature of the water, 'cuz some of these girls will slosh you with water you could cook lobsters in.
# She probably doesn't speak much English, but at least smile and try to say something pleasant. This isn't checking out at the Stop 'n' Shop, so why act the same way?
#when the massage is ready to start, you are expected to lie down on your stomach. She may ask you if you want your massage "hard" or "soft." Personally, I always take the hard massage, because I like the masage for its own sake and the soft massage is just her hands wandering over your back, ass, and legs, and it can tickle and it's annoying. Your call.
# She should tickle your boys and tease you before the "flip," when she asks you to turn over. Enjoy it. I really like a good tease, and when they're good at it, the whole rest of the session will probably be good.
#She'll ask you to turn over (the "flip"). Here's where she asks you "what you want," or if "there's anything else." She doesn't like being explicit in case you're a cop. The elements of the offense of solicitation for prostitution is sex for a fee, so they don't like too much to be said in case they're being recorded. It doesn't really keep them safe, but they think it does, and if they were explicit it could make things worse, I suppose.

This is a problem. Few girls will want to get into details with you, and almost certainly won't on the first trip. it's difficult to ask for something very specific, and almost impossible on the first trip. A good AMP provider will remember the next time, though.

Standard issue is a CBJ and CFS. Some girls do "Asian," and at least half allow you to DATY ("Dine at the Y"). If I couldn't DATY I wouldn't hobby.

The tip structure oscillates between $100 and $120 for fs, at least in CT. The best way to do it is to leave it on the little nightstand. After she agrees, she'll leave the room and this is the time to put out the money. Some guys say never pay up front, but most of the girls won't proceed without the money at least in sight. Some people will definitely disagree with me about this one. Remember, don't take just my opinion.

If you don't like the girls at a place, leave. If the girl gives bad service, say something to the mamasan. Onehornyguy here is famous for leaving as much as he stays, and not many people go as far as he does, but it's your money, and it's hard enough to get what you want. There's been plenty of times I wish I'd left.

Accept you're going to have some disappointments. There's no way out of it. There's no Better Business Bureau or Consumer Reports in this hobby, except for here, and this is your obligation to us: post a review in the appropriate section on this board. Read "Cloud Nine's Review School" here and give a good, detailed review that will tell your fellow mongers "Seek Out" or "Avoid." Ocasionally, you're going to TOFTT (Take One For The Team) and we'll empathize with you. Not much comfort, maybe, but we're not going to send you money.

Here's something else... the cops. You may be in an AMP some day when it's raided. Happens all the time, but your chances of being inside when it comes down aren't all that large. It's never happened to me, but there's always a first time.

Don't panic. Don't confess to anything, even if a cop acts like your friend. He isn't. You were there to get your sore shoulder worked on. He knows better, but that's okay.

Have your ID with you. Most guys caught up in an AMP bust are let go after an ID check to make sure there's no warrants outstanding. If you have no ID, then you could be held until identification procedures are carried out in full.

A cop may say things intended to shake you, and will freely lie. Keep to your story and say as little as possible. Keep your reflections on the value to society of prostitution laws to yourself. He's doing what he's told and he's not interested anyway. The byword here is "Least said soonest mended."

Never, ever, ever, under no circumstances, use a credit card at an AMP. You'd have to be shit simple to do it.

Finally: don't get paranoid and jump at shadows. The risk is not that high, but it's not zero either. Being too paranoid can blind you to real warning signs if you're preoccupied with false ones.

Bandaid said:
Here's something else... the cops. You may be in an AMP some day when it's raided. Happens all the time, but your chances of being inside when it comes down aren't all that large. It's never happened to me, but there's always a first time.

Don't panic. Don't confess to anything, even if a cop acts like your friend. He isn't. You were there to get your sore shoulder worked on. He knows better, but that's okay.

Have your ID with you. Most guys caught up in an AMP bust are let go after an ID check to make sure there's no warrants outstanding. If you have no ID, then you could be held until identification procedures are carried out in full.

A cop may say things intended to shake you, and will freely lie. Keep to your story and say as little as possible. Keep your reflections on the value to society of prostitution laws to yourself. He's doing what he's told and he's not interested anyway. The byword here is "Least said soonest mended.".......
Bandaid, you have pretty much summed it up. allow me to add a few refinements.

1.The importance of having ID with you can not be overstated. They WILL want to know who you are and THEY WILL find out. The way they find out is up to you; you can show them your ID at the AMP or someone can bring your ID to you while you are waiting at the pricinct.

2. There are 2 way to respond to questions - answer all questions truthfully or do not answer the question. Do not lie. Keep your answers as brief as possible. For example, if you go to an AMP to:
get your sore shoulder masaged
get your back massaged
get your legs massaged
get you face massaged
get a blow job
There is no reason to go into all the reasons and waste the officer's time - just tell him the most important one in your mind - you went there to get your sore shoulder masaged.

I had a cop find a condom in my pocket when he patted me down.
Cop: What is this for?
Me: I use it to prevent disease and pregnancy
I was telling him the truth and he knew it. I did not lie. He gave me back the condom and I put it back in my pocket.

The cop said to me:
COP: We are both grown men and know why you are here. I don't care, just dont lie to me. were you here to buy some sex?
Me: That would be illegal.
I did not lie, and I did not (and was not going to ) answer the question and the cop knew it.

3. DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING ILLEGAL OR ANYTHING THAT CAN BE CONFUSED WITH SOMETHING ILLEGAL, ON YOU. If you take prescription medicine and you dont want to leave it in the car (car gets too hot maybe), have it in the bottle with you name on it. If you get headaches alot, leave the bottle of aspirin in your car - do not have a couple in an unmarked pill case.

Thanks, genius, excellent points all, especially the one about things that look like they could be illegal. I wish someone had filled me in on things when I was a newbie and see no reason to make sarcastic remarks to newbies.

Many AMP's are just R&T (rub and tug) so you can't assume you'll get FS when you go somewhere for the first time. The R&T places all follow a similar procedure, start with TS, massage, tease, and tug. Tip for that can be .4 to .6. R&T places are what they are, you won't get FS there. R&T places often stay in business for years without any trouble from LE. I still don't even know myself if they're legal or not even though I go all the time.

In Connecticut, for example, R&T places are the exception. The great majority are full service. It depends on where you are.

Almost every state defines "sex" as 'touching another person for the purpose of sexual gratification.' In other words, if somebody is giving foot rubs and the rubbee gets off on it, that's sex, even if the definition is rarely applied that way. So R&T places are engaging in prostitution, but I'm sure they're not likely to be bothered.

I always wondered has anyone come up with...

STDs in these places when fully covered for FS? I heard it is safer than uncovered with a girlfriend of a few weeks because you dont know the history of the girlfriend.

accnts said:
STDs in these places when fully covered for FS? I heard it is safer than uncovered with a girlfriend of a few weeks because you dont know the history of the girlfriend.
Condom use is not 100% effective in preventing genital HPV. You can also get scabies or crabs (not really an STD but a pain in any case))

Bandaid, you have pretty much summed it up. allow me to add a few refinements.

1.The importance of having ID with you can not be overstated. They WILL want to know who you are and THEY WILL find out. The way they find out is up to you; you can show them your ID at the AMP or someone can bring your ID to you while you are waiting at the pricinct.

2. There are 2 way to respond to questions - answer all questions truthfully or do not answer the question. Do not lie. Keep your answers as brief as possible. For example, if you go to an AMP to:
get your sore shoulder masaged
get your back massaged
get your legs massaged
get you face massaged
get a blow job
There is no reason to go into all the reasons and waste the officer's time - just tell him the most important one in your mind - you went there to get your sore shoulder masaged.

I had a cop find a condom in my pocket when he patted me down.
Cop: What is this for?
Me: I use it to prevent disease and pregnancy
I was telling him the truth and he knew it. I did not lie. He gave me back the condom and I put it back in my pocket.

The cop said to me:
COP: We are both grown men and know why you are here. I don't care, just dont lie to me. were you here to buy some sex?
Me: That would be illegal.
I did not lie, and I did not (and was not going to ) answer the question and the cop knew it.

3. DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING ILLEGAL OR ANYTHING THAT CAN BE CONFUSED WITH SOMETHING ILLEGAL, ON YOU. If you take prescription medicine and you dont want to leave it in the car (car gets too hot maybe), have it in the bottle with you name on it. If you get headaches alot, leave the bottle of aspirin in your car - do not have a couple in an unmarked pill case.
this is hugely informative. a few things to add:

if you have anything on your person that you don't want to be found, drop it before they get in the door. this includes the unmarked aspirins, anything questionable, or anything that might be used as 'circumstantial evidence' that you were there for sex.

as mentioned, be careful of the good cop/bad cop routine. they will ask you the same question ('did you pay for sex?') a few dozen different ways. some direct, some oblique, 'just between us men', or just to give them 'something' so he can ask the captain to let you off. you have to cooperate fully (and they get pissed off! if you stonewall and say nothing - guarantee they'll take you in just to be mean) and at the same time not incriminate yourself. so a genius pointed out, answer, and answer everything absolutely truthfully...just perhaps not the full truth (a half truth is the next best thing to a lie right?) and perhaps answering but not quite the exact question asked. it takes some presence of mind and is not as easy as it might seem. esp if there are few customers and/or providers there so you get the full attention of some 10+ cops.

its better to go to a place that gives you a ready alibi, such as a massage place or a place with a steam room. being caught in a plain apt brothel is difficult to explain. and if you say you went there for a massage...well that may open accusations and denials with the girls, as providing unlicensed massage is illegal as well.

i have seen girls get dressed in 10 seconds flat. you should prepare yourself to do the same.

places with cameras and nice strong steel doors are good. this will allow you a precious few minutes to get yourself together when the alarm is sounded. what is the alarm? lots of running feet in the hall. i hate that sound. and sometimes a sharp shout (followed by running feet) and your girl will go from horizontal naked to standing dressed in the blink of an eye...and with that deer in the headlights look in her eyes.

they will also ask you questions...# of girls, who runs the place, how did you hear of it, how did you get in, etc. consider in advance how you want to answer these without getting others there in more trouble.

finally: if you are in a bust it will take from 1-3 hrs for them to process id checks and decide to let you go (likely). and there is the off chance they'll decide to detain you anyway and you may need to wait to get before a judge to get released (small chance unless you broke one of the other rules above). given these potential time demands...plan you hobby visits at opportune times. ie, not when you will have to be somewhere in a few hours...and you may also want to reconsider that friday afternoon/evening before a 3-day weekend visit...or you may be cooling your heels until the next business day...

I once read on this site to carry the "ad" with you if it was posted in a daily newspaper....show the cop the ad that states Massage, the phone #, etc.

It may help !

Condom use is not 100% effective in preventing genital HPV. You can also get scabies or crabs (not really an STD but a pain in any case))
There are thousands of infections, & diseases that you can get even with a condom on. Many are skin to skin, so if she has it on her skin & touches your skin you can contract it also with some if she touches you in one spot & you touch yourself in that spot & then lets say not wash your hands & then go to the bathroom you now have it where you dont want it. Most are rare but it can happen especially in that kind of a setting.

Also saliva can carry bacteria, etc. Towels & sheets that looked washed but are not theres alot of things to watch out for.

I visited one of these spots once and was kind of shocked by how obvious the whole operation was; they must get raided constantly, so I'm curious - how exactly do they stay in bussiness? Putting aside the legislation itself (like, the possibility that they would simply get CLOSED for good after getting busted if there was enough evidence of prostitution), wouldn't whatever fines/legal fees they might incur really put a dent in their profit margin? Do they normally pay off the cops or what? I'd imagine that the most successful AMPs are the ones that have been around long enough to cultivate a steady, regular clientele. If they're getting busted all the time, how do they swing that?

masquerade,

The cops know what's going on. Lately they've been trying to make a big dent in the business, but before raids were an unofficial business tax and a way just to keep the business from getting too big. The spas rake in immense amounts of money and the fines and legal fees were not serious problems.

It used to be the cops moved when they got complaints or they got pressure from ambitious DAs and local politicians, or when a spa (or strip club) was the source of trouble of some kind.

Take Connecticut. Until last year sometime, a spa would get raided once or twice a year and be closed down for a week or two. Nobody seemed too fussed about it, and life and business went on. Clients found there were never busted unless they had warrants or were holding or something.

I used to live in the DC area in the '70s. I remember when spas started (the first was the "Tiki-Tiki" in Falls Church, Va.) They were R&T only for a while, except in DC itself. It was a bustling scene, but then the Powers that Be decided against it, and they were all closed in a month or so. I know what the cops can do if they set their minds to it, so I knew there was a lot of tolerance.