BBQ and Ribs-mailorder, whos the best in the country?

JohnJ

Repentant Sinner
slinkybender said:
Does this constitute a self promotion/ad post rules violation?

$%#@@## my bad... didn't think of it that way.... considering that in 10 days I will not be there anymore and I will be somewhere else....

J

If you are in New York City, and you want to eat some real BBQ, Try Virgils on 44th. Street in Times Square. The Memphis dry-rubbed ribs are quite authentic and quite good.

These ribs are slow cooked in an authentic smoke house, and not quick grilled and basted with BBQ sauce like you get at the Dallas chain of restaurants.

Local in Rockland County

I am a BBQ afficionado, have even written a book on the topic, have traveled everywhere in the united states to sample the various regional types of BBQ and about 6 months ago, a place opens up in my own Backyard, it is called BAILEYS Smokehouse, located in blauvelt NY (about1/4 mile from an asian MP), anyway I looked upon this place with much skepticism, but I must say that after having sampled most of their menu, it is the real deal! The brisket is as good as anything Ive had in Texas, at Kreutzers or a Sunday Church BBQ. The pulled pork is great, it is not as good as some of those ive had in North Carolina (Lexingtons #1 being the best) but surprisingly better than 75 percent of your run of the mill BBQ restaurant in NC. It does chicken Ok but ive never really considered chicken a real BBQ meat. It does great sandwhich variations on a theme such as : The BBreuben and the BBQuban. The corn souffle is not to be missed, in fact me and my wife ordered 4 large orders to get us through this friday ( lent)

Virgil's in Times Square does great ribs but there chicken wings are the BEST!

I'm going to second Sticky fingers. Their sauce is orgasmic. Last time I had some was about 4 mos. ago