BBQ and Ribs-mailorder, whos the best in the country?

Gimme so help here, because google searches dont tell me about service and taste.

I will start, and say the best Ive found so far, are Corky's out of Memphis.
Next day Fedex to you,the ribs are a little expensive, at around 20 bucks a rack, but worth it.

best ribs

check out hogsfly.com, its the website for the rendezvous restaurant in memphis which I think are the best ribs period. I go to memphis on business at least twice a month and always eat there. You can order off the web it lists the prices. I have been to both Corky's and Interstate Ribs in Memphis, the Rendezvous I think blows them away

justme

homo economicus
Pheh, ribs*.

(I was at Black's BBQ (met the owner) this weekend and notice that they'll ship their wonderful links. I wonder if Kruez's or Smitty's ships?)

* - j/k really. I'll be making a long car trip north at the end of the summer and am looking forward to trying some Tenn. style BBQ. I hear Memphis is a pretty cool city, too.

thanx everyone, Im not traveling down to Memphis, really interested in only getting them fedex'd. For some reason this summer the wife has planned more than usual outdoor gatherings, and if Im putting ribs on the menu, why not go for a few more dollars and make it right.
Corkys, 10 slabs and 4 bottles of bbq sauce is 189. Plus, 10% off, so thats right on target.
Im going to contact Rendevous for the next one, and Ill keep trying.
I have relatives in Houston, Austin, and I know there are some great places down there, I just dont know who mailorders.
JM-do you know any of these places that Mailorder next day?

justme

homo economicus
Black'll ship. Pricing on the webpage is for two days, but I'm sure they'll next day it for extra.

http://www.blacksbbq.com/to_go.htm

Kruez's does online ordering, but couldn't really see any info on shipping

http://www.kreuzmarket.com/index.shtml

Smitty's, alas, does not appear to ship.

Luling City Market also looks like it ships.

http://www.lulingcitymarket.com/ordering.html

I'm sure you know this, but in central Texas it's considered a bit of a sacralige to add sauce to the meat. In keeping with this, the sauce at Blacks is pretty crappy (I'm fairly certain Kruez doesn't even have sauce... they don't have forks). I rather like the Luling city mkt sauce, though. It has an apricotty flavor. These four represent Lockhart and Luling Texas and are my favs. Of the three that ship, I'd probably say that Kruez is my favorite all around.

Also, smoking meat (all of the meat that we're talking about is pit smoked... the way God intended BBQ) is a preserving method, so super rapid shipping isn't as necessary. That said, I've never actually tasted this stuff in the mail.

The reason I was at Blacks last week is that a friend came down from DC and wanted BBQ. His parents were with him and all three agreed that Blacks was the best they'd tasted. They also mentioned that my friend was pretty much raised on east Texas BBQ, having grown up outside of Port Arthur.

justme

homo economicus
If I were going to order from any of these places, I'd find out what the pit boss recommended for shipping and bringing the meat back up to temperature.

the 2 Ive ordered from , pack on dry ice, and ship in a cooler, a styrofoam cooler, the ribs or pork ends, brisket whatever, are cooked then frozen.

Thanx for the help, I think the July 4th hoopla will see some Texas BBQ.

justme

homo economicus
BigMadM said:
the 2 Ive ordered from , pack on dry ice, and ship in a cooler, a styrofoam cooler, the ribs or pork ends, brisket whatever, are cooked then frozen.

Thanx for the help, I think the July 4th hoopla will see some Texas BBQ.
I hope you enjoy it. But of course nothing compares to actually walking in to one of these places. Next time you're in Austin (yeah, I know) you should tell your relatives to take you out to Lockhart. It's only a 30 minute drive. Hell, it's probably not even 2.5 hours from Houston.

JohnJ

Repentant Sinner
I've been working recently at a BBQ place in Westbury now for the past year... It's actually very good... real Hickory Smoked St. Louis Style Ribs.

BBQ Sauce has won over 150 awards at contests. Its a chain but again excellent for this part of town. The Brisket is so so chopped pork is excellent (smoked 14 hours) Baby backs are no big deal but the St. Louis Style Ribs are amongst the best in the nation....heres the kicker.... they cater... in fact we just did a huge gig on Roosevelt Island and fed 3100 people. The catering trucks could as well as all the smoke from the grills could be seen from the FDR.

Place is called Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que.

John J

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
JohnJ said:
I've been working recently at a BBQ place in Westbury now for the past year... It's actually very good... real Hickory Smoked St. Louis Style Ribs.

BBQ Sauce has won over 150 awards at contests. Its a chain but again excellent for this part of town. The Brisket is so so chopped pork is excellent (smoked 14 hours) Baby backs are no big deal but the St. Louis Style Ribs are amongst the best in the nation....heres the kicker.... they cater... in fact we just did a huge gig on Roosevelt Island and fed 3100 people. The catering trucks could as well as all the smoke from the grills could be seen from the FDR.

Place is called Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que.

John J
Does this constitute a self promotion/ad post rules violation?