Are NY stripclubs dying?

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
About a year and a half ago a downtown "promoter" was having an "Industry Night" (I guess "nightlife" industry?) on Sunday nights at Sapphire. The time I went there all I saw was a bunch of rockers with big hair spending kost of the night looking in the mirror at themselves, drinking only off the promoters bottles and ai don't think the dancers made a nickel.

Tonight ai saw another Sunday night event at Scores being promoted by a downtown DJ offering his friemds to get on the "guest list" and people asking if there was also a fuest list for the VIP. I didn't go, but my guess is that it was the same type of shit show.

If this is what the clubs are resorting to, is it a sign of the strip club apocalypse?

They are. There was a time when a guy could go out for 40 minutes with a few bucks in his pocket, see 4 tits and have a beer. Rare now, the business model shifted to private dances, where you pay plenty for the installation of blue balls.
Are there exceptions?
Filly?closed
Nickels?closed
billy's? closed
candlewood?closed
stonehedge?closed
gaslight?closed
raven's nest?closed
bear necessity?closed

pokler

Power Bottom
About a year and a half ago a downtown "promoter" was having an "Industry Night" (I guess "nightlife" industry?) on Sunday nights at Sapphire. The time I went there all I saw was a bunch of rockers with big hair spending kost of the night looking in the mirror at themselves, drinking only off the promoters bottles and ai don't think the dancers made a nickel.

Tonight ai saw another Sunday night event at Scores being promoted by a downtown DJ offering his friemds to get on the "guest list" and people asking if there was also a fuest list for the VIP. I didn't go, but my guess is that it was the same type of shit show.

If this is what the clubs are resorting to, is it a sign of the strip club apocalypse?

Who needs strip bars when there are lap dance parties about every night with hot college chicks who encourage titty sucking and will dfk.

Pokler, what lap dance parties do you recommend?
I used to be a regular at Chummy's (ancient history) and now am on mailing lists for Lido and Masked Nights but have not tried them yet.

wow i remember the bear and billys too.
what turned me off was having some 250lb bouncer standing watching to make sure i behaved myself.
and then then endless "parade" around the bar by the dancers bugging you for tips.
i use to hit the places near costco in bklny,many yrs back,wild cherry and another i dont remember the name.
it was good times but to me it is never going back to those times.just like 25cent peeps in times sq..

The "upscale" NY strip clubs are pretty bad. Yes, you can probably find a nice girl or two in each place, but for the reasons n2deep explained in the post below, nothing about it is worth the money.. The amount you have to spend to see a couple of nice girls just isn't worth it. The atmosphere sucks too. Too bad the promoters didn't take more of an ATL approach. Down there many of the strip joints are actual clubs. Packed with both female and male customers, relevant music, dance floors, etc. we have a couple of them here.. But they aren't safe.

pokler

Power Bottom
Pokler, what lap dance parties do you recommend?
I used to be a regular at Chummy's (ancient history) and now am on mailing lists for Lido and Masked Nights but have not tried them yet.
Lido is one of my favorites. Always leave with soiled pants. DHT is even better as semi private spaces are available at no cost. Masked is good and also Close Encounters. Avoid SVT as they have strict rules about no kissing and female monitors are in dance area making sure you dont touch.

pokler

Power Bottom
How about an actual review thread for DHT?
I haven't been there in 8 months . Soon after my last time they got busted. However they are up and running now and I'm on invite list. Give me a few weeks and I'll go and do the thread. Id hate to do it based on past times since things may of changed like the venue etc.

I am going back down to Atlanta tomorrow for a few days. I will be hitting my favorite strip joint there called Fannies. Drinks are typical prices, plenty of dancers of all types and quality. floor lap dances plenty of action for like $20 a song. In the VIP anything goes. I think the prices are like $100 to $150 for 30 mins. Then when you leave there are streetwalkers of varying quality all over the place with a shortstay hotel across the street. There are lots of SCs down there like this.

NY has really become a dud of an area. I don't remember it EVER being a good place for SCs.

I still am attracted to Crystal Cafe for some reason. Close convenient and mileage available at a reasonable price.

wow i remember the bear and billys too.
what turned me off was having some 250lb bouncer standing watching to make sure i behaved myself.
and then then endless "parade" around the bar by the dancers bugging you for tips.
i use to hit the places near costco in bklny,many yrs back,wild cherry and another i dont remember the name.
it was good times but to me it is never going back to those times.just like 25cent peeps in times sq..
The Brooklyn places, were they Sweet Cherry and Wild, Wild West? I know Sweet Cherry closed down but, didn't know Wild, Wild West was gone.

The Brooklyn places, were they Sweet Cherry and Wild, Wild West? I know Sweet Cherry closed down but, didn't know Wild, Wild West was gone.
yes
WWW was a great place,young 20s gals from so america,flacas.
cheap lap dances and fair price for beer or soda,as i was working during the day and hit there to do some
stock trading via pay phone.
sweet cherry was a bit of a sleazier place and lap dance room had "special lap dance" if you wore loose sweats..tipping stage dancers allowed me full finger play in kity..
Those days i miss.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
There was a place on 3rd Ave (as opposed to WWW, Sweet Cherries, etc on 2nd) called something like Club 37. My friend and I went there one time and he took a dancer to the VIP. She pulled down her pants and his, grabbed his dick, pointed it towards her pussy and asked him "Do you have a condom?". When he said no she put his dick in her ass.

There was a place on 3rd Ave (as opposed to WWW, Sweet Cherries, etc on 2nd) called something like Club 37. My friend and I went there one time and he took a dancer to the VIP. She pulled down her pants and his, grabbed his dick, pointed it towards her pussy and asked him "Do you have a condom?". When he said no she put his dick in her ass.
i know there was a third place in the area nr the water,not far from costco.
i never got to sample their fine talent but sweet cherry had FS in the small backroom. and the stage activities was like caligula...
there use to be a bbw italian older lady who always grabbed me when i got there..would not leave me alone,really cock blocked me wth the other talent.
so one time when i was ready to leave and she was on stage she grabbed me to keep me stay.
so at the time i had pulled my back out and was using that "icey hot rubon creme" well my finger were now loaded wth it.
so i tipped her a $1 and proceeded to finger her real deep and took off.
would have paid to be a fly on the wall after..

There was a place on RT 112 in Coram/Medford that was a private club. You paid $20 to join and since they didn't have a liquor license brought your own booze/beer that you labeled and they stored it for you. You had to pay a couple of bucks for a glass for each serving. Pretty much anything goes at that place totally nude except for the ridiculous shoes they wear. - walked in once and the girl had her ass on the edge of the stage, her legs wrapped around a guy's neck who was sitting in a chair up against the stage and her was doing DATY for quite a while. Also were private rooms in the back.

Long, long gone.

There was a place on RT 112 in Coram/Medford that was a private club. You paid $20 to join and since they didn't have a liquor license brought your own booze/beer that you labeled and they stored it for you. You had to pay a couple of bucks for a glass for each serving. Pretty much anything goes at that place totally nude except for the ridiculous shoes they wear. - walked in once and the girl had her ass on the edge of the stage, her legs wrapped around a guy's neck who was sitting in a chair up against the stage and her was doing DATY for quite a while. Also were private rooms in the back.

Long, long gone.

That's the same setup as "The Intimate Room" right off the LIE at Willis ave all nude no booze you had to join the club and they even gave you a membership card. pussy right in your face. I think it's a florist now I always give it a glance and smile whenever I pass by. those were the days.

They are. There was a time when a guy could go out for 40 minutes with a few bucks in his pocket, see 4 tits and have a beer. Rare now, the business model shifted to private dances, where you pay plenty for the installation of blue balls.
Are there exceptions?
Filly?closed
Nickels?closed
billy's? closed
candlewood?closed
stonehedge?closed
gaslight?closed
raven's nest?closed
bear necessity?closed
Passed by Nickles, always hope by some magic it will reopen, the entire corner has been knocked down and there is a green fence around it. Another High Rise coming to Queens. While driving I did see a new club, off of Maurice Ave and Queens Blvd,Vanity Club. Some reviews on the useless big tech sights (who would of though this day would of come), of course those are always useless.