Are Fannie and Freddie The Next Bailout Candidates ???

Will the Fed pull the plug?

• Both.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Fannie only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freddie only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Niether

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
You're singing to the Choir, my friend.

thats very comforting AXE.

at least I know 2 people in America that agree on this. LOL

in fact, this time when I go in, I will not even look at party affiliation, I will simply see who is the incumbant, and pull the opposite lever. LOL.

unfortunately , this won't work for Presidental candidates, that race is an entirely different decision.

Hmm. I dont see it on The Onion site anymore.

Anyway, it's Quicktime.

According to the site: 'Go into the Quicktime plugin setup and change the "Transport Setup" to "HTTP" instead of "UDP" (or "automatic"). '
Its still there, and the link worked for me. Very funny Axe. Thanks for the link.

in fact, this time when I go in, I will not even look at party affiliation, I will simply see who is the incumbant, and pull the opposite lever. LOL.
What there needs to be is a NOTA voting line: NONE OF THE ABOVE.

That way the seat stays fucking EMPTY for 2, or 4, or 6 years. HAS to be an improvement!

you can do that...just dont pull either lever
That doesnt work. That's how we end up with somebody instead of NOBODY. I want the seat VACANT. None of these fuckers deserves any kind of job, much less a cushy govenment position. Put NOTA on the ballet and see how many times it will win!

Last edited:
its a great idea......but it probably violates election law.

right now , the only option is not pulling a specific lever.

if they cant figure out how to solve self-inflicted wounds in the housing and energy crises...do you really think these same governments would amend election laws to permit a NOTA voting option >>>????

its a great idea......but it probably violates election law.

right now , the only option is not pulling a specific lever.

if they cant figure out how to solve self-inflicted wounds in the housing and energy crises...do you really think these same governments would amend election laws to permit a NOTA voting option >>>????
Of course it will never happen because they want a choice to be made so we end up with another incompetent fuck-up. That's why we need a NOTA Party. All NOTA candidates PROMISE to: [a] NEVER show up for work and NEVER pass any legislation whatsoever. Just leave everything the fuck ALONE and let the citizens get on with their business with no interference. HAS to be better that what we have now.

thats how the state of texas works.

the legislature meets on a very limited basis to approve spending..the governor runs the place for 4 years w/o interference from the state legislature.

I've been(as in was) a mortgage banker for over 20 years and Fannie and Freddie have been getting away with murder for far longer than that...when congress set them up as Goernment Sponsored Agencies, there charters made them exempt from most regulatory oversight, so they operted with impunity, borrowing below the fed discount window and making the rules, while smaller banks were shut out creating a competitive imbalance, all in the name of helping out the homeowner, but disregarding free markets and capitalism.... Now all of the impropriety is being exposed and the tax payer will take the hit and the GSE's will get bailed out. If anybody thinks the subprime market is a mess, wait til all the conventional loans start to tank with debt ratio's over 60% and ltvs over 90%...the pmi companies are already toast...I am looking for a job, is anyone hiring...lol

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I absolutely agree phil. For those thinking "we're close to the end of this", I think it's more like "we haven't even seen the start of it". Since you're an old timer like me, you know what happened last time around in the early 90's with the S&L crisis and the RTC.

i saw a video clip the other day by some professor saying Freddie was insolvent and when Fannie comes out with their 2nd quarter report (tomorrow - Friday - later today....?) he thinks they will be as well. he also expressed that he thinks the Gov't should stand behind the Bond holders, but that the shareholders shouldn't get the same guarantee, because that would be a case of the taxpayer bearing all the downside risk, but the investor getting all the upside profit. But what do you think is going to happen?

someone was on the radio yesterday predicting that with unemployment now worsening, higher default rates would spread to the conventional mortgage market.

Last edited: