Another Bust!

Read in todays Herald News, that Park Ave Salon and Spa on Hoboken Road (Next to Shakers) in Carlstadt was busted. Apparently customers went in and thought they were gonna get a legitimate massage, and they got mad when they found out it wasnt! Cops investigated and the rest is history! It is getting dangerous out there!! I dont know if they want to impress the new governor or what, but this is becoming way too frequent.

Originally posted by Slimmy
Apparently customers went in and thought they were gonna get a legitimate massage, and they got mad when they found out it wasnt! Cops investigated and the rest is history!
Yeah right, more like apparently customers went inside to get a cup of coffee, pissed at the service, price, attitude (etc) and decided to call the cops out of spite.

Not too sure

I wouldn't be surprised by the first account. From what I remember, Park ave was a legit massage place that also doubled as hair, nails etc. There was just one person there from back in the day who did HR. Mgmt changed about three months ago and the place was pretty much massage only with the standard menu (Topless, Nude). Maybe some of the old customers did come and were surprised??

It was Next to Shakers

No Ryan, this place was 301 Hoboken Rd, the next building down from Shakers. The post by Aceofclubs26 hit it on the head, as I believe the sign out front specifically said it was a hair/nail salon. I was shocked too, cuz I only really discovered it a couple weeks ago. In fact I was gonna go to it one day after I left Shakers but it was too late! Cant beat watching some entertainment and then being entertained!!!

Thanks for the clarification. Still, a bit odd to have two places with almost the same name in the same area. Not that LE isn't watching these places..... but I'd point out it appears they investigated because of a complaint(s). Complaints will always make an MP a potential target. Stay UTR and you're much better off.....

Another way to attract attention is by having your customers masturbate outside on the street in preparation for their session (!!). (see article below). Heh. Oh man, I hope that wasn't anybody here. LOL. I agree MPs should be located as close as possible to strip clubs.... surely this would make city zoning folks happy too, no? Keep all the adult businesses in one area.

Rutherford to Make It Tough on Massage Parlors
Sunday, December 09, 2001

By JOHN DYER
Herald News

RUTHERFORD — The mayor and council are expected to pass an ordinance in the coming weeks that will make it significantly harder to open a massage parlor in the borough. The proposed ordinance seeks to prevent a resumption of the prostitution police discovered in parlors last summer.

The new ordinance mandates that all employees in massage parlors be licensed with the borough. It also increases the cost of those licenses.

The permit to open a massage parlor currently costs $100, with therapist licenses costing $25. The new ordinance charges parlors $500 for a business license. Therapist licenses will cost $100. Nontherapists must also be licensed to work in a parlor. Licensing fees for them would be $25 under the proposal.

Mayor Bernadette McPherson said members of the council were lined up in support of the bill, which should put an end to any chances of prostitution returning to Rutherford’s massage parlors. The council will vote on the measure at its meeting on Dec. 19.

“I think if you operate that sort of place, we want to make sure it’s aboveboard,” Councilwoman Denise Ross said.

In June, police cracked down on the five massage establishments open in the borough at the time. Three were found to be operating as bordellos: Rutherford Skin & Body, Park Ave. Therapy and Zen Studios. The first parlor has since closed, the second is going out of business, and the third is now operating legitimately, detective Lt. Thomas Farrell said.

“That type of business, even though it’s viewed by some as private and victimless, does bring certain kinds of people into town,” Farrell said.

Police discovered that prostitutes were active in the parlors after they arrested a man who was masturbating on a side street near Park Avenue. Under questioning the man said he was preparing for a session with a masseuse in a nearby parlor.

The parlors started out as regular businesses, said Farrell, but over time therapists started making extra money by offering sexual acts for tips.

Health Board Director Brian O’Keefe said the current ordinance has too many loopholes. Currently, for example, the ordinance only oversees businesses that advertise themselves specifically as massage therapists. Any other description of massages, such as “backrubs,” escapes oversight, he said. Besides changes in licenses, the new ordinance will also require that all parlor employees submit to police background checks.

O’Keefe said he didn’t view the proposed rules as excessive.

“We’re not trying to prevent someone from opening a legitimate business, but at the same time we want to make sure the business is being operated lawfully,” he said.

Besides the four parlors currently operating in the town, another two prospective business owners have applied for massage parlor permits under the current ordinance, O’Keefe said.

Originally posted by ryan
Rutherford to Make It Tough on Massage Parlors
Sunday, December 09, 2001

By JOHN DYER
Herald News

RUTHERFORD — The mayor and council are expected to pass an ordinance in the coming weeks that will make it significantly harder to open a massage parlor in the borough. The proposed ordinance seeks to prevent a resumption of the prostitution police discovered in parlors last summer.

The new ordinance mandates that all employees in massage parlors be licensed with the borough. It also increases the cost of those licenses.

The permit to open a massage parlor currently costs $100, with therapist licenses costing $25. The new ordinance charges parlors $500 for a business license. Therapist licenses will cost $100. Nontherapists must also be licensed to work in a parlor. Licensing fees for them would be $25 under the proposal.

Mayor Bernadette McPherson said members of the council were lined up in support of the bill, which should put an end to any chances of prostitution returning to Rutherford’s massage parlors. The council will vote on the measure at its meeting on Dec. 19.

“I think if you operate that sort of place, we want to make sure it’s aboveboard,” Councilwoman Denise Ross said.

In June, police cracked down on the five massage establishments open in the borough at the time. Three were found to be operating as bordellos: Rutherford Skin & Body, Park Ave. Therapy and Zen Studios. The first parlor has since closed, the second is going out of business, and the third is now operating legitimately, detective Lt. Thomas Farrell said.

“That type of business, even though it’s viewed by some as private and victimless, does bring certain kinds of people into town,” Farrell said.

Police discovered that prostitutes were active in the parlors after they arrested a man who was masturbating on a side street near Park Avenue. Under questioning the man said he was preparing for a session with a masseuse in a nearby parlor.

The parlors started out as regular businesses, said Farrell, but over time therapists started making extra money by offering sexual acts for tips.

Health Board Director Brian O’Keefe said the current ordinance has too many loopholes. Currently, for example, the ordinance only oversees businesses that advertise themselves specifically as massage therapists. Any other description of massages, such as “backrubs,” escapes oversight, he said. Besides changes in licenses, the new ordinance will also require that all parlor employees submit to police background checks.

O’Keefe said he didn’t view the proposed rules as excessive.

“We’re not trying to prevent someone from opening a legitimate business, but at the same time we want to make sure the business is being operated lawfully,” he said.

Besides the four parlors currently operating in the town, another two prospective business owners have applied for massage parlor permits under the current ordinance, O’Keefe said.
This really sucks, that some guy was caught masturbating...I mean, you could find some guy doing the same thing outside a sperm donation clinic, and you don't see LE try to close them down, huh?

obviously a one cup establishment.
Still it is like eating before going to a resturant, or cleaning your house right before a maid comes over. It is kind of funny if it wasn't sick.
Actualy this Jerk is what makes the problem. I have long held that a massage parler is the best neighbor. as quiet as you can be, custumers definitly not looking to attract attention, just in and out trying to be and look as lawabiding as humanly posible. I would love to have rent to one ( not to mention, working somthing out for the rent). Only problem is the ocasional robbery.

Originally posted by jaypgee

This really sucks, that some guy was caught masturbating...I mean, you could find some guy doing the same thing outside a sperm donation clinic, and you don't see LE try to close them down, huh?
Another peewee herman? That must be the most embarassing sh*t, being brought in with you hands cuffed and your zipper down. When the desk seargeant asks what he did the arresting officer saying:"public wanking".