Alcohol: Help or Hurt

I always enjoyed sex with a little buzz on, many years ago it was pot and other stuff, which I stopped 15 years or so ago. Since, I like a few drinks before game time (not drunk, just relaxed). However, the last six months or so, alcohol has diminished performance and enjoyment. No problems without alcohol, but a real issue even after a few glasses of wine. Curious about the experience/thoughts of others. Being a lawyer, personal insults are always welcomed.

A man sat down at a bar, looked into his shirt pocket, and ordered a double scotch.

A few minutes later, the man again peeked into his pocket and ordered another double. This routine was followed for some time, until after looking into his pocket, he told the bartender that he's had enough.

The bartender said, "I've got to ask you - what's with the pocket business?"

The man replied, "I have my lawyer's picture in there. When he starts to look honest, I've had enough."

Last edited:
A young workman in a pickup truck and a lawyer in his beamer collided on a country road. The accident was minor but some gas leaked out of the beamer and caused both vehicles to catch fire. The lawyer called for help on his cellphone and both of them sat on the side of the road to wait. As this was the 1st time he was ever in an accident - an it was his father's new truck going up in smoke - the young man was very shaken up. Seeing this the lawyer offered him a drink from his gold plated hip flask to help calm his nerves. The workman accepted and handed the flask back to the lawyer, who closed it and put it away. "Aren't you going to have a drink yourself?" asked the workman. "Sure; after the police leave," replied the lawyer.

If this is going to turn into a lawyer joke thread, it will probably surpass the Word Association threads 20-some thousand posts in just a few days.

Alcohol in your system
A common cause of erectile dysfunction. Alcohol is commonly used to 'loosen things up' before sex or on a night out. Problem is, alcohol dilates (widens) your blood vessels. If you manage to get an erection, the alcohol keeps the blood vessels to your penis open, the blood drains out and you're left hanging in limpland.

The effect varies greatly from person to person and depends on how much you drink, but in general if you have problems with erectile dysfunction, don't drink before sex. If you've had a few drinks and think you might be having sex soon, stop drinking asap and start drinking water.

Also change in diet, exercise, prescriptions & otc drugs, vitamins can change you ability also.

It could also be subconscious, you might be thinking about the alcohol & siking yourself out or I was told that your body changes every 7 yrs (hair, skin, tastes, smells, sight, hearing, performance, etc).

Alcohol use to make me even more horny then already am so I liked it before sex also but now hard liquor gives me a headache right away & cocktails make me tired so I try to have wine or avoid alcohol all together.

Last edited:
Alcohol in your system
A common cause of erectile dysfunction. Alcohol is commonly used to 'loosen things up' before sex or on a night out. Problem is, alcohol dilates (widens) your blood vessels. If you manage to get an erection, the alcohol keeps the blood vessels to your penis open, the blood drains out and you're left hanging in limpland.
thanks so much for your thoughtful response. i thought I had responded yesterday, but I guess the post didn't stick. Anyway, your advice makes perfect sense. I recall in my research a few years ago about ED drugs the whole vessel diliation phenomena, and blood drainage problems. I should have put two and two toghther (four, right?) with effects of alcohol opening blood vessels. So, I am off the booze (except for a little wine). Can I interest you in further assisting my recovery? Again, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Last edited:
Rofl

A man sat down at a bar, looked into his shirt pocket, and ordered a double scotch.

A few minutes later, the man again peeked into his pocket and ordered another double. This routine was followed for some time, until after looking into his pocket, he told the bartender that he's had enough.

The bartender said, "I've got to ask you - what's with the pocket business?"

The man replied, "I have my lawyer's picture in there. When he starts to look honest, I've had enough."
ha !! that is a good one
I needed that laugh
Thanks!
Layla

As a female

Personally I have to say alcohol relaxes me a little more than being totally straight . I'm talking about a few sips of a nice cocktail or some wine always seems to relax me where I can be ME and perform as I like to.
Yes I am somewhat shy but warm up easy;)

You know what they say : A drunk mans talk is a sober mans thought !

Same goes for a little alcohol to prime the juices ;) and get into the good down right "dirty" mood !!

Layla South

Certainly alcohol has a "limp effect" better avoid it altogether.

If you taking other medications blood pressure, antidepressants, the limp gets worse

If you are over 50 and take alchohol or any of the above, well another limp.

This ones for you...

Dick the lawyer..

Long line at the bank waiting for the teller, one guy starts massaging the back of the person in front of him.
Surprised, the man in front turned and snarled, "Just what the hell are you doing?"
"Well, said the guy, "you see I'm a chiropractor and I could see that you were tense, so I had to massage your back. Sometimes i just can't help practicing my art!"
" That's the stupidest thing I ever heard! the guy replied. "I'm a lawyer. Do you see me screwing the guy in front of me?"

Last edited: