Aidells smoked duck and turkey sausage

Slinky,
Don't know if this suits your purpose but was in Fairway today (Plainview)
We seem to frequent the same supermarkets - FW, SR, TJ. If I see someone asking the butcher about duck/turkey sausage, I'll introduce myself. It'll give new meaning to the term "meat and greet."

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Slinky,
Don't know if this suits your purpose but was in Fairway today (Plainview) and I saw at the end of the Aidells area packages of duck with fennel sausage. Company is Brooklyn Cured. Very limited selection but company's website shows only duck and pig so I assume their specialties are pork and duck. Website lists other places that carry their products.

http://www.brooklyncured.com/
Thank you. I am certainly willing to try it but probably won't be any time soon since I shattered my ankle and had surgery today and won't be on my feet for a while.

One thing I liked seeing is that they made sure to say "no nitrates or nitrites" instead of the bullshit term "uncured" which annoys the shit out of me because there is no such thing as "uncured bacon." If it's not cured then it's not bacon . Companies just use that term to dupe idiots who think it sounds healthier.

Thank you. I am certainly willing to try it but probably won't be any time soon since I shattered my ankle and had surgery today and won't be on my feet for a while.

One thing I liked seeing is that they made sure to say "no nitrates or nitrites" instead of the bullshit term "uncured" which annoys the shit out of me because there is no such thing as "uncured bacon." If it's not cured then it's not bacon . Companies just use that term to dupe idiots who think it sounds healthier.
Yikes - you have had a miserable past month and a half! Good luck on your recovery.

I have little use for the marketing mavens that some companies use who treat consumers as idiots (I guess perhaps because most are ) using terms like genuine leather, new convenient size (e.g., when reducing the package size of sugar from 5lb bags to 4 lb bags or coffee from 1 lb bags to 14 oz bags while increasing the per lb price ), new family size (that more expensive per unit measure than the smaller sizes), etc.

I did the "whole30" diet. It really changes how you look at ingredients. Went from 225 to 195 in the 30 days. Lost more than I wanted to. Lol
I think the Hole30 program as espoused by the posters on the "College Girls" thread sounds like a better program.
The idea behind that seems to be to see how many holes you can get into every 30 days. Some of those guys sound like they haven't seen daylight in 5 years.

I don't believe they are. I never tried them. I was just referring to slinky's statement on nitrates.
I was being facetious, since Slinky had earlier commented on just how fatty duck is.
From the little bit of reading I did about Whole30, it looks like this is a one-time thing and that you reintroduce some of the banned foods as you go on. So what are your plans now after the 30 days?

Well. I had a beer! Lol. I'm still sticking to it for the most part. I stopped snacking on junk or "treating myself" nonsense. More fruits and vegetables. Making more fresh food. Using avocado oil more, avocado mayonnaise also. Kind of retrains you on how to eat.