Aidells smoked duck and turkey sausage

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Dear friends,
Aidells stopped producing my favorite, the smoked duck and turkey sausage and there is my favorite pasta sauce recipe which I can't make without it. If you have a spare minute to email them please fire off to info@aidells.com "Please start making the smoked duck and turkey sausage again. It was my favorite."

Dear friends,
Aidells stopped producing my favorite, the smoked duck and turkey sausage and there is my favorite pasta sauce recipe which I can't make without it. If you have a spare minute to email them please fire off to info@aidells.com "Please start making the smoked duck and turkey sausage again. It was my favorite."
You have piqued my interest as besides a total sex addict I am a total foodie (and wine, scotch and bourbon - neat of course). I will send them an email - however would you be so kind as to tell where such product is , (alas now used to be) purchased and more importantly post your favorite pasta sauce recipe.

They are carried just about everywhere I shop, they just discontinued making my favorite one.
Doesn't look (to me anyway) like they are going to resurrect the smoked duck and sausage product. BTW - Fairway has a selection maybe 5X what Stop&Shop has if you want to try and find a replacement.

Here was their reply to me:

"Thank you for writing in to us. I am sorry for the disappointment that these are no longer being made. However, I would love for you to try what's available in the market today. Be sure to check out our exceptional products and tasty recipe at http://www.aidells.com/.

To give you the opportunity to try either our meatballs or dinner links, I am more than happy to mail out a coupon your way. Please reply with your mailing address if you would like me to do so.
Christina
Aidells Sausage Co."

Slinky Bender

Same response I got. I have tried just about all of their products at one time or another but none is really a suitable replacement.

pokler

Power Bottom
Duck and Turkey sausage? What are you, kidding me? Is this a health thing?

What about regular Italian sausage from whatever the fuck its made out of? Going to La Mela's in Little Italy on Sunday to feast on it.

The D'Artagnan web site offers direct sales. And a web search for the product showed that Wegmans, Shop Rite, Hannaford, and even Costco carry the brand, although not necessarily all the products.

Also note that their duck sausage contains duck liver in addition to duck meat.

The D'Artagnan web site offers direct sales. And a web search for the product showed that Wegmans, Shop Rite, Hannaford, and even Costco carry the brand, although not necessarily all the products..
There is a ShopRite in Plainview shopping area (off Woodbury and S.Oyster Bay rd. - the part that has Starbucks). Next time I go (weekly) to Trader Joes I'll take a look.

Also note that their duck sausage contains duck liver in addition to duck meat.
Ah - love duck liver - just gets better all the time - do they give coupons for stents and heart bypass with the sausage - but hey who wants to live last couple of years in a nursing home in diapers and die slowly at age 95 anyway.

Slinky Bender

I was into Food Emporium on Union Square East this afternoon and they had a plastic sign in one of the refrigerated cases saying D'Artagnan..... but not D'Artagnan products... lol

I wrote to their customer service and this is the reply I received:

Unfortunately we are not showing this item being purchased recently by any NY retail locations.
You may try asking at a store where you have seen similar D’Artagnan items if they might consider bringing it in.
Sincerely,
The Customer Service Team
at D’Artagnan
1-800-327-8246
orders@dartagnan.com

You could try their suggestion and request that your retailer order it. It also appears that you can order directly from the manufacturer.

I have been so far to 4 places that said the carried D'Artagnan but none of them had the duck sausages.
Slinky,
Don't know if this suits your purpose but was in Fairway today (Plainview) and I saw at the end of the Aidells area packages of duck with fennel sausage. Company is Brooklyn Cured. Very limited selection but company's website shows only duck and pig so I assume their specialties are pork and duck. Website lists other places that carry their products.

http://www.brooklyncured.com/