advice for Laptop problema!

Hello,
Could you please give me some advice on a laptop.
The power cord plug got stick in the laptop power socket. I was moving the laptop while it was charging and could not see where I was walking (I guess my boobs were in the way!) Anyway--I tripped on the damn power cord and ripped it right out the back of the laptop. The part of the power cord that plugs into the round power socket port-got stuck! How do I get it out and is there any other way to charge the battery temporarily until I get it fixed? Can you just replace a power socket on a laptop--any idea of a cost and where?

Thank you,
AM

There are some places that charge about $99 to fix that. You can find that on Ebay. There are local places that charge that and perhaps more. OH yeah, you might want to take your hard drive out before giving it to a place to fix something on your laptop. Privacy is a big thing =)

Hi Sidekicks-Happy New Year!
Thank you for the information-)I use that laptop for the vanilla job but I will still take your advice and remove it! I wish there was an alternative way to charge the battery for the time being. UGH!
Thanks again,
XO
Anna

Last edited:
As recommended I would remove the harddrive first but from what you describe I would think you could pull the thing out with a good pair of needle nose plyers or maybe get it out with a paper clip then get a ac/dc adapter on ebay for cheap.