Advertising Don'ts. My pet peeves.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
I hate it when ladies list things they don't do in their ads. If I am searching one of the ad sites for "greek" for example, I want a result list that has only girls that do it. I don't want a useless list with half people who offer it and half who say in the ad "I don't do greek."

If you don't do it, then don't mention it.

I know exactly what Waterclone is talking about.

For example, if you search CL for "incall" hoping to find providers that offer incall, very often you get providers who only offer outcall because there's "no incall" or "incall not available" etc. Which, essentially, renders the search function on the site useless. A simple "Outcall Only" would suffice. Or, if you list services you do and don't provide on your Web site, link to it.

One Of My Pet Peeves Is.....

Ladies who take pictures with there cameras in front of mirrors and they leae big flash lights in front of them so you have to squint to see them.....

I'm just saying cant you just have a client take the pic real quick.......

And yes us ladies look at other ladies ads :)

Ladies who take pictures with there cameras in front of mirrors and they leae big flash lights in front of them so you have to squint to see them.....

I'm just saying cant you just have a client take the pic real quick.......

And yes us ladies look at other ladies ads :)

I look at ladies ads, nothing wrong with it at all. When I first started as a provider I had clients take my pictures. Did a pretty good job for starters :)

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Well, if you're talking about CL, it's worse because an awful lot of posts are by posting agencies who do worse that put what the girl won't do: they post all sorts of search terms (often white on white so they are invisible) tacked onto the end of the actual ad so that the ad comes up for all sorts of searches whih guys might do (for example, try searching for 80 - which sme guy looking to spent $80 might very well do - and you'll come up with ads where you can't even find 80 anywhere in the ad, much less have anything to do with services - offered or not).

Yeah, a lot of agencies, and some savvy providers, have learned how to game the system on CL, since it's so simple. Simple, say, compared with a site like Eros, where embedding key word search terms would be much more difficult to pull off.

As for photos on CL, a lot of them are useless: details of body parts, cell phone shots where the flash goes off, bounces off of a mirror and obliterates most of the image, obviously fake photos that are supposed to "represent" the type of girl being offered, etc. What are we supposed to do? Print out the image, go to the session and say, "Listen, before we start, do you mind taking off your clothes and spreading your legs so I can verify that you're the girl in the picture?"

(Just kidding, of course.)

Well, if you're talking about CL, it's worse because an awful lot of posts are by posting agencies who do worse that put what the girl won't do: they post all sorts of search terms (often white on white so they are invisible) tacked onto the end of the actual ad so that the ad comes up for all sorts of searches whih guys might do (for example, try searching for 80 - which sme guy looking to spent $80 might very well do - and you'll come up with ads where you can't even find 80 anywhere in the ad, much less have anything to do with services - offered or not).
I feel kinda stupid now, as I never understood that CL thing. I would type in keywords and ads would come up with no visible text that matched my keywords. White on white, very smart.

Franky, (sorry girls) But the copy from one ad to the next is all pretty much the same

blah-blah GFE, Best you'll ever have blah-blah

We have seen very few ladies really go the extra mile, choose to appeal to a niche and the write copy for that niche.

Seen one, seen em all

(oh, and we may be guilty of this, its easier to just write crap copy that everyone else writes and lack creativity - but at least our product is really different)

xxoo

Christine & Alex - Married Couple Adventures
Phlirty Phun & Phantasy in Phoenix

I couldn't agree more -- any basic photo editing program can help one turn a photo the right way, reduce the file size so that it doesn't take forever to download or isn't too large to view on your screen (if it's being emailed in response to an ad on CL, for instance), and even adjust simple things like lightness and contrast, which usually only work to the advantage of the advertiser.

I've always wondered how it is that these cameraphone-in-the-mirror girls make any money. I have good pics, and I only get one or two clients at most from each post, if any.

Does anyone think it's a good idea to see a provider who puts so little effort into advertising?

It may not be that they put so little effort into advertising, but more that these low quality pics are much less likely to be excessively retouched.

We still try very hard not to allow our pics to appear too professional - but then, our goal is more to under promise and OVER deliver. Everyone we have met has suggested we invest in better pics.

We *may* get more business from better pics (and we really debate this since the more professional the pics, the higher the reluctance facter goes among other certain hobbyists) But we over deliver on the promise, setting the perfect tone for a client to brag about a session with us.

Just our 2 cents.

xxoo

Christine & Alex - Married Couple Adventures
Phlirty Phun & Phantasy in Phoenix

The only way to tell for sure would be to test. Put up two identical ads, one with low quality pics, one with high quality pics, and see which one brings in a better response and a higher quality response (in terms of actual bookings).