A word from your moderator

Just a quick note to let you guys know that going forward I'll be moderating the NNJ section and trying to breathe some life back into it. I'll keep you posted of anything that needs to be addressed, or ideas I want to bounce off the UG community. In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

DaveNJ

DaveNJ,
This has been asked before...How come we don't got a Central Jersey Section? If someone wanted to post about a MP in Edison...are we suppose to post it in NNJ, SNJ or NY/NJ/CT section? Edison is neither North or South Jersey (Unless you are living in North or South Jersey)....I think it will just keep things more organized IMO.

DaveNJ,
This has been asked before...How come we don't got a Central Jersey Section? If someone wanted to post about a MP in Edison...are we suppose to post it in NNJ, SNJ or NY/NJ/CT section? Edison is neither North or South Jersey (Unless you are living in North or South Jersey)....I think it will just keep things more organized IMO.
DaiDai,

Its way beyond the scope of my responsibilities to be creating other sections. But since UG mgmt has decided not have a CNJ section (and I can understand why considering how dead this section has been), lets call NNJ anything above Princeton. A good rule of thumb would be if its really too far to drive from Philly, its NNJ.

As far as using the NNJ section or the Spa section for MPs, that's a matter of choice. I've always looked at the spa section as being for MPs a reasonable monger might drive to from NYC. I doubt I'd drive to Edison from Manhattan unless I had other reasons for going out that way.

Dave,

Congrats on the extension of your duties.

Living in Manhattan, I guarantee you that I would never come to NJ for mongering reasons. And I would love to see NJ separated from the SPA section. With the way SPAs have mushroomed everywhere lately I find that section very crowded.

Moving those reviews here will not weaken the SPA section while it may help revive NNJ and SNJ.

DaiDai,

Its way beyond the scope of my responsibilities to be creating other sections. But since UG mgmt has decided not have a CNJ section (and I can understand why considering how dead this section has been), lets call NNJ anything above Princeton. A good rule of thumb would be if its really too far to drive from Philly, its NNJ.

As far as using the NNJ section or the Spa section for MPs, that's a matter of choice. I've always looked at the spa section as being for MPs a reasonable monger might drive to from NYC. I doubt I'd drive to Edison from Manhattan unless I had other reasons for going out that way.
DaveNJ- Where's my manners?? I forgot to congratulate you on your new title on my prior post. I hope you can bring this section back to life.

Dave,

Congrats on the extension of your duties.

Living in Manhattan, I guarantee you that I would never come to NJ for mongering reasons. And I would love to see NJ separated from the SPA section. With the way SPAs have mushroomed everywhere lately I find that section very crowded.

Moving those reviews here will not weaken the SPA section while it may help revive NNJ and SNJ.
Thanks Marc and I appreciate the feedback. If I lived in Manhattan I probably wouldn't come out to Jersey much either. I'd cross the Hudson if there was a reason to, but it'd have to be pretty f&%#ing spectacular.

I don't know that the old reviews are going to get moved here, but if new ones get started here eventually it'll all get sorted out.

if i want to change username
is that possible?
and if its possible who do need to talk to?
lastly if i change username would it previous post i made change with new username as well?
i didnt know where i should asked this so i put it in here

I just wanna be able to post a review as a new thread!!! Am I there yet?????

Welcome aboard!! We look forward to your contributions. In the meantime the following is directly from the rules section and still in effect as far as I know: (You can check the Newbie and FAQ sections as well)

IF YOU ARE NEW HERE: DO NOT BE ALARMED IF YOU TRY TO START A NEW THREAD AND YOU CAN'T. WE DON'T ALLOW PEOPLE TO HAVE THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE NEW THREADS BECAUSE WE GET TOO MANY SPAMMERS. WE APPRECIATE YOU COMING HERE, ESPECIALLY IF IT IS TO WRITE A REVIEW (MANY OF YOU MAY HAVE RECEIVED A NOTE FROM ONE OF OUR ADVERTISERS DIRECTING YOU HERE). IF YOU ARE JUST STARTING OUT AND WNAT TO WRITE A REVIEW, THERE ARE A FEW OPTIONS YOU HAVE:

1) Use the search function to find a thread already on the place/subject. You will be allowed to make a post in an existing thread with your reviews.
2) If you can not find such a thread, most local area sections have a thread "stuck" at the top for "new reviews" (example: http://utopiaguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34534). Add your review there and we will take care of the rest.

Also, we have a reviews database which we started, but never quite finished, but it still has quite a few reviews in it. You can add your review there as well (but please put it in the forums first for now):

http://reviews.utopiaguide.com/add.php
http://reviews.utopiaguide.com/view_new.php
http://reviews.utopiaguide.com/search.php?type=quick

Last edited: