A thought

Not that I'm pointing fingers, but it wasn't specified that..

people were not allowed to bring guests

Originally posted by Ozzy
THATS THE POINT!

and when your dealing with the kind of discretion that we deal with in this business...no one wants anyone who isn't invited showing up. bringing GC or anyone who isn't on john J's mailing list is wrong. thats why it's done off the board and thru a mailing list....

You brought Gabriella,
Royal brought a friend of his,
EZR brought a friend of his.
I brought Marilyn and no one complained.

I understood these get-togethers to be like any other social gatherings, that you were responsible for the behavior of your guests at that particular function...

To everyone's credit, everyone's guests behaved appropriately, including Catelli.

No harm done.... new rules in effect... let's say we drop this... whadda ya think?

Guy Catelli was at last month's UG g2g? Was he introduced around to everyone or did he lurk at the bar? (I was there for almost 2 hours and, as far as I am aware, didn't meet him -- was he introduced under a different handle?)

BTW, I can see the point (and am in strong support of it) of bringing providers as uninvited guests, with the understanding that they would be expected to be widely welcomed and not have any known previous negative history with any of the invited guests. After all, one of the major premises for the g2g is socializing/interacting with some providers in a non-business relationship. (The other major premise is to meet the guys behind the handles.) But I do not see the point of bringing uninvited male guests -- it is the UG members' g2g and we are the ones whose interests should be served. It is a misplaced belief to think that a guest's interests are of equal weight and standing as those of the UG members. I would think that the UG members are interested in meeting other members with whom they may have already interacted online -- there would be very little interest in meeting some newbie/wannabe who is thinking of possibly joining UG.

Just my $0.03.

not 4 nothing.....but

Gabriela WAS an invited guest. but i'm sure John J could check his mailing list and varify that. i wouldn't want anyone taking MY word.

btw....she's been a UG member and advertizer since febuary, so she's been here longer than most...including John J and his list.

and royal, and EZ were both wrong to bring someone who wasn't on the invite list. there's no double standards.

but if you don't see a difference between bringing Gabriela and Guy Catelli...then maybe we should drop this.

HDB....you're correct as usual but, there are a few exceptions when it comes to bringing uninvited providers.....

obviously any girl or guy who has made a threat towards another member of this board should be excluded from any get together......

[Edited by Ozzy on 07-20-2001 at 09:04 AM]

I assumed... and when you assume...

well, you know the rest..

Gabriella... I was wrong... she was a member... my mistake.

EZ and Royal, forgive me for dragging your names into the fray for use as examples...

dropping it seems a good idea...
Tank

Re: Catelli

"but then, he's harmless"

In life, let alone this hobby, there is ver little as harmless. What's harmless to one may not be to another.

While discretion is discretion is discretion - the basis for the successful engagement and enjoyment of this hobby is discretion - between provider and hobbyist, provider and provider and hobbyist and hobbyist.

Forget whether GC's accusations and insuiations were true or not - he was indiscrete and a loose canon of a very high order (and only mildly entertaining IMO and that wore off quickly). That to me is the greatest crime.

I have not yet attended a G2G, but I will say that I am unlikely to if non-invited guests can attend even if they come with an invited guest - and that applies to both males and females. The potential risk (whether it comes to pass or not) seriously outweighs any benefit to be derived from a non-invitees attendance.