A thought

justme

homo economicus
Given that some complete stranger crashed your LI party, doesn't anyone here think that UG is way too public a place to have a real world shadow? Maybe such activity should be kept back channel.

[Edited by justme on 07-19-2001 at 01:46 AM]

When we met in New York City, nobody gave us a second look.

Out on the Island, we definitely looked conspicuous among the suburbanites. Apparently on LI the presence of several attractive females in one place is an unusual event. In NYC, every bar is packed with world-class beauties -- plus in NYC, people know to mind their own business.

The particular party crasher we had was devoid of any kind of social grace or class. He tried to worm and insinuate his way in. Definitely a bad vibe. He was the kind of guy who would make people feel uncomfortable anywhere. He acted sneaky and came on in an underhanded way to everyone there.

I don't actually think moving the venue would make any difference. This guy was simply bad news and happened to be in the bar. Nobody else in the place had a problem or showed undue interest.

I think you can run into jerks anywhere. And the fact is, we're not doing anything wrong. We're hanging in a bar with friends, members of a private social club. Our meetings are by invitation only.

I wouldn't worry unduly about an ill-mannered guy who goes through life weirding people out.

fish

Just my 2cents!

Just my 2 cents I think we are beating a dead horse. The LI party is over and done with and the NY party seems headed in the right direction. So lets see what happens this evening and have fun.

so what if someone tips off a certain nut and she decides to crash the party.....

i still don't like the idea that guy catelli showed up at the last meeting. he's not on UG so he had NO business being there.

it's the thought of party crashers and what trouble they can cause that is suddenly becoming alarming....

i think an rsvp list at the very least should be distributed to everyone who's thinking of coming. i for one don't want to show up and find GC and or AY sitting there. you're gonna have trouble if something like this happens.

I agree with Ozzy.

I give Carl credit for the LI party and knowing who was supposed to come.

I had and have no problem giving up my first name for an RSVP basis.

i'm not even asking for any names...screen persona is fine. and even with carls careful monitoring of the whole event...look how some uninvited guests knew all about the party....when, where and who was coming.

gotta at least start plugging some leaks....

if you can?

I brought Catelli into the last UG party...

Mea Culpa...
but then, he's harmless.

The only reason he's been banned from UG was because he's gone after someone the same way Ozz is going after that LI chick...

Ozz, I like you, and you're a cool guy, but there's a double standard working here.

P.S. Catelli ain't coming to this one cause he's been uninvited. He's got enough respect for the rest of us to honor that request.

Tank

[Edited by Tankcommander on 07-19-2001 at 02:32 PM]

wrong...

catelli spread rumors of rape and drugs.

first he accused a client of drugging, beating and raping a girl when it was very known to many (including every board op that she e-mailed) that it was two people who made a bad decision to engage in bbfs. and thats from the girls own mouth.

then he claimed a provider (who i never had any liking for so i'm not defending a favorite) shot herion.

THATS TWO THINGS THAT SHOULDN'T BE ON A PUBLIC BOARD.

i went after a person who basically does what catelli did. i would have gone after guy but he didn't stick around long enough.

i never spread a false, VERY dangerous rumor about anyone.

[Edited by Ozzy on 07-19-2001 at 02:52 PM]

he's harmless

tell EZR or vera leigh that.

how would you like to be EZ and have to shake hands with GUY and then find out he's the sob who tried to out your personal info on tbd......

i'll tell you and you...

i'd bust his f*ckin head open.

Actually...

A New Jersey Provider outed EZ, and Vera outed herself...

go back and read the posts...

Ez's a big boy... let him decide what he wants to do to Catelli... that's what he was there for, to give EZ the chance to do what he wanted...

Rumors of Rape and Drugs... well, at this point, it's still unproven either way...

And as for the LI chick, those are still unproven either way...

So, there really isn't much difference...

Not that I give a shit.

[Edited by Tankcommander on 07-19-2001 at 03:01 PM]

Rumors of Rape and Drugs... well, at this point, it's still unproven either way...

THATS THE POINT!

and i proved my case...

not that i needed to, cause she left her marks all over....

and if you want to practice selective memory go right ahead....but you've been on tbd long enough and you read it every day...you know damn well what alyssa wrote a month ago and probably last november also.

lets not play games.

and when your dealing with the kind of discretion that we deal with in this business...no one wants anyone who isn't invited showing up. bringing GC or anyone who isn't on john J's mailing list is wrong. thats why it's done off the board and thru a mailing list....

and please...no one tell me that if you want discretion not to show up...we all have our own levels of discretion.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
"first he accused a client of drugging, beating and raping a girl when it was very known to many (including every board op that she e-mailed) that it was two people who made a bad decision to engage in bbfs. and thats from the girls own mouth.

then he claimed a provider (who i never had any liking for so i'm not defending a favorite) shot herion."

You left out making posts on this board which were designed to lead the reader to the actual name of another poster, who he was trying to discredit at that time.

i had NO hand in anything concerning guy...actually i didn't even know he was banned for at least two weeks.

i'm not privy to everything.

and btw, he's been banned or suspended from

jag......twice under two different handles (GC & david10013)

tbd.....at least twice (that i know of) and let back in

aspd...... or one of those smaller boards, i forget which (he told me this himself once).

i only read two public boards...jag and UG....and very soon only UG.

[Edited by Ozzy on 07-19-2001 at 04:02 PM]